Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mails not getting triggered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are in Sourcing 10.0.

Need help , we are facing an issue in receiving notifications.

Mail gets stuck in Queued messages with status Awaiting Retry.

we have checked system properties also that is maintained correctly.

I have attached Background Task Status error.

Can anyone help me on this what could be an issue.

Any leads would be of great help!!!!

Regards,

Geetika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geetika,

The [EOF] error usually comes when the server drops the connection. This can have multiple causes:

• incorrect auth details - check your username/password if you are using authenticated connections
  • Sourcing server not allowed to relay - check with your email team that the Sourcing server is on the allow list for sending emails

Note: if this is happening only for some email types the issue could be in the email template. Check if any templates were changed recently or LocalisedResources associated with them.

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bogdan,

Many thanks for your input.

We were trying to create user accounts in the production system for the first time , and we faced this issue.

we have checked with the respective teams for connections and ports. Still we were unable to figure out the cause.

Can you suggest any other configurations that could cause this issue.

Regards,

geetika

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can assume you have already checked and compared system properties from PROD to QA/DEV, so I don't think it is a configuration issue.

It looks more like a connectivity issue. Is your PROD server load-balanced? - if yes, make sure all servers in the cluster are on the 'allow relay' list in the SMTP server.

If the team that manages the SMTP server is available they can quickly provide inputs whether your PROD system is actually connecting or not.

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

Thanks a lot for your support.

Yes we have checked system properties it is same as maintained in DEV/QA.

SMTP team is saying they are not receiving any request at their end.

Can you please help me in this: I wanted to know if there is a configuration problem from CLM end,can there be a possibility  mails gets triggered and stuck in  in Queued messages or they should not come in Queued messages only?

Any leads would be of great help!!

Regards,

Geetika

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geetika,

The core process in Sourcing is (in short):

• A Sourcing event triggers a messaging request (in your case 'user creation message')
    • internal api adds this request in the Queued Messages list (FCI_SYS_MESSAGE table)
  • Every 30 seconds the email daemon processor will try to process the items in Queued Messages
  • For each item in Queued Messages the daemon will combine the details in FCI_SYS_MESSAGE (from/to/tokens) with the email template configured for the respective message, and will try to send the email
    • If email send is successful, only then the line in Queued Messages is deleted and copied to the Processed Messages list (FCI_SYS_SENT_MESSAGE)
    • If not successful, the error is posted in B/G Daemon Alerts, and the Queued Message line is updated with 'Awaiting Retry'
      • note: the daemon will only retry it for a specific period of time, defined in sys props, after which it will mark the message as Failed.

So, what is happening in your case is OK, as per the core process. The email is not sent, and the message is kept in Queued list for retry.

You should go through all the steps below and check where is the issue.

• On sourcing application side
    • check user import files, make sure that no special characters, leading/trailing whitespaces are present in email addresses or names
    • check the email template (if changed from standard) and make sure no special characters are present in the template body or the embedded Localised Resources
    • double-check email system properties, at both System and Enterprise level. again make sure no special characters have slipped through
  • On infrastructure side
    • check server connectivity
    • check for firewalls blocking connections
    • check if Sourcing IP addresses are allowed to send

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan

I am working along with Geetika and we added two new entries in the system config,

a.messaging.smtp.username

b.messaging.smtp.password

We requested one smtp user from the services team and configured the same in CLM.

The messages are now stuck in Queue with status Pending.

Error in background task status says,

1. Unexpected Error  Processing Event.

Log Level:Error

Timestamp:11/08/2015 11:41 PM (IST)

Session ID:7c4bf9c36fa67b69d75c7adcab5a2ac379f9e8

User:daemon

Description:Schedule Mail Event Daemon

Description: 

Exception:java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "messaging.smtp.username"

Stack Trace:java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "messaging.smtp.username"

at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:449)

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:499)

at com.sap.odp.comp.messaging.daemon.ScheduleMailEventDaemon.incrementRetry(ScheduleMailEventDaemon.java:870)

at com.sap.odp.comp.messaging.daemon.ScheduleMailEventDaemon.sendMessages(ScheduleMailEventDaemon.java:531)

at com.sap.odp.comp.messaging.daemon.ScheduleMailEventDaemon.sendMail(ScheduleMailEventDaemon.java:226)

at com.sap.odp.comp.messaging.daemon.ScheduleMailEventDaemon.processHook(ScheduleMailEventDaemon.java:171)

at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.AbsTransientEventDaemon.process(AbsTransientEventDaemon.java:85)

at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.ResponsibleTransientEventDaemon.process(ResponsibleTransientEventDaemon.java:167)

at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.SystemEventServiceManager$TransientEventExecutor.run(SystemEventServiceManag...

2.    Cannot send message to

Log Level:Error

Timestamp:11/08/2015 11:43 PM (IST)

Session ID:7c4bf9c36fa67b69d75c7adcab5a2ac379f9e8

User:daemon

Description:Schedule Mail Event Daemon

Description: 

Exception:com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender

Stack Trace:com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueSendCommand(SMTPTransport.java:1515)

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:1054)

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:634)

at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:189)

at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:140)

at com.sap.odp.comp.messaging.daemon.ScheduleMailEventDaemon.sendMessages(ScheduleMailEventDaemon.java:486)

at com.sap.odp.comp.messaging.daemon.ScheduleMailEventDaemon.sendMail(ScheduleMailEventDaemon.java:226)

at com.sap.odp.comp.messaging.daemon.ScheduleMailEventDaemon.processHook(ScheduleMailEventDaemon.java:171)

at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.AbsTransientEventDaemon.process(AbsTransientEventDaemon.java:85)

at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.ResponsibleTransientEventDaemon.process(ResponsibleTransientEventDaemon.java:167)

at com.sap.odp.comp.daemon.SystemEventSe...

Kindly advice.

Regards

Piyush

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

For Error 1: check system property messaging.backoffintervalmins. It should have a number value.

For Error 2: you are connecting to the SMTP with userA@abc.com (from system prop) and trying to send an email 'from' userB@abc.com (email from address) ... The SMTP server doesn't allow that.

From this error it looks like your Sourcing system is actually connecting to the SMTP server. I'm puzzled as to why your email team said they are not receiving any connections.

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan

Thanks for a quick response.

System Property messaging.backoffintervalmins.is now maintained with the value of the smtp user.

I am still unable to proceed forward ,however.

Does the SMTP user name/password need to be maintained in " ".

Also can you please advice on maintaining this config for smtp user / pass correctly.

The messages are now in Pending State and the Daemon seems to be trying to push it but failing with the same two exceptions.

If this is fixed,we can go live tomorrow.

Regards

Piyush

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Piyush,

I'm not sure I follow you... from your email I understand that you have put the smtp username in backoffintervalmins property... ?!

• backoffintervalmins - should have value: 5
  • user/pass - you should delete both of them. NOT " ".

The correct config depends on your setup; I cannot recommend anything without understanding your setup and what you want to achieve.

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan

As suggested , backoffintervalmins is set to 5.

I tried maintaining blank entry in messaging.smtp.username and messaging.smtp.password with no luck.

Current Config.

1. messaging.smtp.username - smtpuser

2. messaging.smtp.password - *******

3. messaging.backoffintervalmis - 5

In the Mail Config > Company > Source Email is set to - smtpuser@****.co.in

Does this seem appropriate ?

Acknowledge your support.

Regards

Piyush

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I said before, your setup should be identical to what you have used in test system.

To delete a system property, use the built-in function shown below:

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

Many thanks for your support throughout.

Issue has now been resolved and we are successfully receiving notifications:)

Regarda,

Geetika

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to hear that!

How did you fix it?

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

we maintained  3 system properties which Piyush has mentioned in the above replies and updated companies email correspondingly.

For production server smtp settings are different from dev/qa, that's why there was a need to add smtp username, password in the system properties.

Regards,

Geetika

Answers (0)