Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Equipment Calibration of similar types

former_member143179
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

We have a scenario of having 100 numbers Verniers for which we want to have calibration process in SAP .   As all these verniers are of same type and have same calibration due date , so to have an efficient system  we do not want to create 100 different Equipment Master and then 100 different Maintenance Plan .

We look forward to have an approach  where all these 100 equipment gets covered in a single maintenance plan .

I request members to kindly guide me with detail steps to be followed , to address the reported issue please .

With Rgds

B Mittal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

As you mentioned all 100 verniers falls on same due date,I suggest you to have 100 different equipment and have single maintenance plan with single cycle .So here under single maintenance plan you can have multiple maintenance items.

Why we need to have all 100 verniers as equipment:

All verniers may not function with same tolerance limits and few may behave inconsistently at some conditions.so to have track on the performance of each vernier at different calibrations, i suggest to have 100 equipment in SAP system.

When you have multiple maintenance items, at any point of time if one of your vernier got problem and need to replace , you can simply de-link that particular maintenance item from maintenance plan and omit scheduling of that vernier.

Hope this may help you.

Regards,

Pardhu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please activate serial number management

saikat