cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 10.1 - SP07 - Unable to Provision Custom Field on UME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a requirement to add a custom field 'User Group' on our access request form and have it provisioned on the user master record once approved to all the target systems in the request.

We were able to successfully add the field 'User Group' on the access request form, under the Custom fields Tab. We have completed all the below listed configuration activities, I'm also attaching the screen shots for all these settings below.

1) Create and Activate Domain (Z_AC_USERGROUP)

2) Create and Activate Data Types(Data Element - Z_AC_USERGROUP)

3) Enable Custom Fields (CI_GRAC_REQ_ATTR)

4) Maintain Field Based Configuration

5) Maintain Field Mapping for the Connector

6) Maintain Field Mapping in Table GRACV_ACFIELD.

1) Create and Activate Domain (Z_AC_USERGROUP)

2) Create and Activate Data Types(Data Element - Z_AC_USERGROUP)

3) Enable Custom Fields (CI_GRAC_REQ_ATTR)

4) Maintain Field Based Configuration

5) Maintain Field Mapping for the Connector

6) Maintain Field Mapping in Table GRACV_ACFIELD

The Custom field is now available in the Access request form, and also available in the GRACREQ table. The table is storing the value of this custom filed provided in the access request form, but the User group field on the UME under the Logon details tab is not getting populated. The screen shots have been added below.

1) Custom field added to Access Request form

2) Custom field 'User Group' added to GRACREQ table.

3) User Group field values stored in the GRACREQ table.

4) User Group field on the Logon Data Tab is not populated in the UME

Can you please let me know if I'm missing anything in here? How do I check what is restricting the field from getting populated?

Thanks in Advance.

Narsimha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narsimha,

Could the issue be due to the fact that User Group for Authorization is already a field that is provisioned through standard GRC functionality?  When you add systems or roles to a request, you can navigate to the "User System Details" tab and there will be a line item for the system(s), for which you can choose the User Group.

Essentially, you are trying to map a custom field to a UME field that already receives this info from the request.  Just my thoughts.

Regards,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Yes, you are right. We have changed our design and are using the default access request provided process. i.e. I'm right now trying to provision the 'User Group' on the logon tab of the UME by using the 'User System Details' tab on the access request form.

But even using the 'User System Detail' tab on the access request form, we are not able to provision the 'User Group' Value on the user record. Below are the settings I have completed for that, are there any additional settings required?

1) End User Personalization - Maintained the field to be editable in the EUP settings

Thanks

Narsimha R Katipally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure the target system's User Groups have been configured in tcode SUGR of the GRC system.  The GRC system should include all of the target system's user groups.

-Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

We have all our User Groups available in the target systems created in our GRC box as well, but even tough the provisioning is failing.

We have no issue assigning the roles, its just the user groups that are not getting assigned.

Thanks

Narsimha

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Not sure why you have put user group in custom field.

, you can have use standard user group to get provisioned.

if you create custom field and want to provision,

check in target system function module and make changes in method for user group to read your custom field to update that.

Regards,

Prasant