cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA Stack Instance id issue for SUM Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Recently we have done system refresh from Solman Production to Development,after that Java stack is not running, we identified the issue and change the ID in configtool, Now Java stack is up running.

We are doing stack upgrade from SP11 to SP12 and i have received the below error

The detected instance ID ID88888 and the one calculated from the box number ID12345 do not match. A possible reason for that is that you have changed the box number in the central instance instance.properties file.

Already Checked Instance.properties, profile file and look's good.

But ID is reflecting from Database level, I think, How to change this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

In addition to the the note Gaurav has pointed you to, could you please go through the steps in the Necessary information for investigation.txt file attached in the note below (especially offlinecfgeditor steps).

2133108 - Fix wrong instanceID with FixInstanceID tool

Kindest Regards,

Amerjit

Former Member

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your support,

As per the note:2133108, Fixinstanceid tool has been provided by Development after 5 business working day, that also based on customer.

Is there any workarround to fix the issue or how to update Instance id in database through Sql command?

Regards

Karthik.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As per Snote:2133108 Where I can download Fixinstanceid.bat tool and i not able to find any where?

Please help me

Regards

Karthik.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karthik,

As per the note itself, you have to open a message with SAP and they will add you as a pilot customer to note 2006336 from where you will be able to download the tool.

KR,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Snote: 2133108 - Fix wrong instanceID with FixInstanceID tool

License of Agreement.txt   

******License of Agreement for "Fix InstanceID Tool"************************************

1. The Fix InstanceID Tool (“Software”) must only be used by customer for correcting the instanceID of the affected system, in context of reported incident.

2. SAP has no obligation to offer the Software for any use case other than resolving the issue mentioned in the incident raised by customer. Also with the completion of reported incident, the use case for the Software is termed completed and not supported for any other purpose by SAP.

plz have a look. If it can help you.

Regards,

Rahul

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Could you let me know how was this system build ?
Was this created through copy? How was copy done ?

Please check KBA : 1792271

BR,
Gaurav

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the SLD already reflects the change?

If so, I recommend that you delete the Product System from the LMDB, force a sync from the SLD to the LMDB and reconfigure the managed system on SOLMAN.

After that recalculate the stack.xml.

Otherwise, you can go around and edit the stack to reflect the new ID. But this is risky, but it's a DEV system so...