cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up own software update for lumira

0 Kudos

Hi

I'm currently looking governing Lumira desktop from the BI platform, and I allready got the LumiraGovernance.properties file to Work, in order to log on to the platform.

It also Works setting up the URL for the BI platform

What I'm less sure about is if the own managed update URL is working.

Lumira can see that it is connected to the BI platform (it warns about perhaps not being compatible) but it still directs to SAP Store. Shouldn't it take the update from the provided URL ?

BR,

Allan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Solved the issue our self.

It turned out that the install documents from 1.25 and forward dosn't mention the biupdates.xml file you should create.

documents for 1.17 and 1.20 contain examples on the XML file to build.

So what solved it for us was:

create an XML (see attachment)

in CMC/Applications/Properties point to this XML file

BR

Allan

mhf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank your for the response

We had the biupdates.xml already in place, but with your file i saw that the version info was wrong or misleading.

Installed Lumira 1.28.2.72 - >bipdates.xml -> 1.28.5 which results in "No update available".

When i change the version in the biupdates.xml to 1.28.5.00 then "Update found" and i can install it.

Now SAP has to confirm that this feature will be still available for the future (my fear due to the lack of documentation is that it won't be supported anymore,..)

BR,

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mhf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Allan,

we are asking us exactly the same. We use the latest software version (Lumira & BIP) but did not get this working. Incident is already open, but no solution so far from SAP. They have to "test this inhouse".

BR,

Michael Hamm

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thanks for sharing

Could I kindly ask you to also post here once you get an answer ?

(Or inform me on the incident number ? )

BR,

Allan

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Would you be able to share the incident ID please? I'd like to see who is handling the incident and how it's going so far.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter (#SAPLumira)

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place 

mhf
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

still in progress by SAP (  877466 / 2015 ).

BR,

Michael

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

I was able to contact the people handling the phone incident and it has been escalated to R&D for comment / resolution. We have two people in Support looking after the incident and pushing for a resolution so for now, all we can do is wait and keep our fingers crossed.

- Ludek

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Allan - I recommend upgrading to Lumira 1.28.5 (looks like you are on SP1) and see if the issue persists; if it does, I recommend opening an incident with SAP Support.

0 Kudos

Hi Tammy

sorry forgot to write version numbers

Actually we are on 1.28.4 but that version (and 1.28.3 + 1.28.2) didn't trigger an update (also when not binding up to the BI platform)

So downgraded to 1.27.2 and that recognized the need of an update.

I geuss my problem is, that if I update to 1.28.5 I can't check if own managed updates are working untill next release

BR,

Allan