cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard Mobile QAAWS offline does not work with cached data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I'm doing some test with dashboard connectivity on mobile.

I'm using Dashboard Designer 4.1 SP6 and publish on BO Server 4.1 SP5 Patch 3.

The version of iOS SAP BI app is 6.2.10.12

I did all my test assuming that the QAAWS connectivity in dashboard mobile is supported also offline.

In fact it is mentioned here

Here the steps that I did in my tests:

- create sample WebI doc with one table based on eFashion universe data

- publish the table as a web service

- create a dashboard with QAAWS connectivity and refresh button

- publish the dashboard on platform for mobile only

- launch the app on iPad and open the dashboard

- in "online mode" there is no problem, I can refresh data with the button

- then I switch to "work offline mode" and i can't able to retrieve data from the cache

When I open the dashboard I get the message "The dashboard is running in offline mode and it will use query data from the cache".

There are no data. If I click on button to retrive data, I get the obvious warning "Impossible to get external data. No network connection. The dashboard is not able to retriece the data".

I also tried to activate "prefere cache" option but nothing changed.

Some note:

- I tried to set "refresh on open" in the dashboard connection, insted of the refresh button. The result is the same.

- I've configured the app setting "Offline Dataset Number" with 50 and SDK Offline Storage 30 MB

- I've added the parameter "feature.dashboards.prefer.cache.enabled=true" and "feature.hyperlink.offline.enabled=true" in Client Setting on CMC for SAP BO Mobile application.

Anyone knows something useful for this problem?

Thank you and good work.

Nicolò

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Nicolo, rs,

This issue has been addressed for Mobi 6.3.12 patch release. Pls refer to SAP Note for more details : 2282237 - Dashboards based of BIWS or QAAWS does not work in offline mode on iPad

Below is the symptom

• QAAWS/BIWS connections do not work in dashboard while working in offline mode in SAP BI mobile app.
  • Dashboards based of QAAWS/BIWS throws error on iPad when viewed offline.

Let me know if there is any further issue on this topic.

Thanks,

Ashvita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashvita.

I tried the funtionality with the new version and the issue is solved.

Thank you.

Nicolò

0 Kudos

Thanks Nicolo for confirmation.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolo

We are experience the same data caching issue with dashboard and QAAWS.  The data is updated when we have a live connection, once it goes offline it revert back to the data when dashboard was publish.

Have you found a found a solution, we are on SP5 and think about upgrading to SP7 to see if this issue is fixed.

Thanks

rs