cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP13 OS/DB Migration Suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am up with a task where in I need to perform OS/DB migration of Solution Manager 7.1 from AIX/DB2 --> WINTEL 2012 R2/MSSQL.

In  the Source Solman system we have below things configured.

EWA, MOPZ, Managed System Preparation and Technical Monitoring.We will perform the migration by Export/Import method.

The data centre of the source and target Solman system is different and the same is the case with the managed systems which are also getting migrated along with. Monitoring set-up for these new migrated system needs to be configured.

Could you please suggest if the effort required in this project would be less than If I would have gone with  a new build of Solman Instead of doing Export/Import.

Also what all clean up steps I need to perform for removing the configuration of old systems and hosts.

Can I get the benefit by using source export in the System Preparation and Basic Configuration step.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

In my experience with this scenario i recommend you a new/clean Solution Manager Installation because all your landscape will be changed and the effort with cleanup activities will too much and the new Solution Manager could be stay with a lot of inconsistencies and errors.

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the answer, I completely agree and with your answer,and even I have the same opinion.

But this decision is something that has been taken by the management and I have no other option and have to  work on it.

Any key points for cleanup activities that can save my time ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

Sorry but i don't really have any recommendation to accelerate the cleanup activities, this activities will depending about the size of your landscape registered in the Solution Manager maybe the tool Decommissioning in the SOLMAN_SETUP could be help you.

Kind Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

darragh_doyle
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

To help clean up systems in your solution manager please see the operations manual under https://service.sap.com/instguides -> Installation & upgrade guides -> SAP Components -> SAP Solution Manager 7.1 -> Steps 4.6 & 4.7 depending on your Solman realease.  These steps provide details on clean-up tasks for no longer needed systems.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

Since I know your case, I would suggest build a new system and start setting up the solman as per the requirement - migrated landscape, and keep the old system running until you get all the functions active on your new Solman. Once all is done, decomission the old systen.

Best Regards,