cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Input Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The webi  report has HANA input parameters as prompts when running the report. The Input parameters uses the date .

Now the report has to be scheduled with date dynamically changing .

The Universe is built on IDT and we haven't used derived table for passing prompts .

Generally in BW we use istep to perform this activity and Oracle in universe.

How the dynamic input parameter works for HANA.

Appreciate your inputs on this

Ben

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

You can have input parameter values filled by procedures/functions (making it dynamic) or have its values retrieved from a table at runtime. Maybe that's what you're looking for. If so, here's the official documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_hanaplatform/helpdata/en/7f/5ff68fc65640d8a513458262633c3e/frameset.htm

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Lucas yes. I was looking for same. After I created procedure for same, I got dynamic date from calculation view. However , the webi report on top of this view which uses this input parameters are not reflecting the dynamic date Appreciate inputs to fix this

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Works on HANA but it doesn't work on WebI? Please explain it further with details.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas, When I click on data preview in calculation view, I could see Input parameter date popups with current date. The same input parameter which is used in webi report, when refreshed its displaying only last used date for executing report (its not dynamically changing to current date)

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well, seems like this is more related to a WebI than a HANA behavior. Can't help that much here.

If you *fully* explain (by that I mean with enough description/screenshots so we can fully understand the issue you're facing) your scenario, then we can try to help further or move this to the space where it seems to fit better.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whick kind of dynamic condition you want to apply to your document ( businnes day, yesterday., tommorow Last month, ...)

Regards,

Rogerio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plank Its yesterday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

The last date in your Universe (Max([Date]) is today´s date ?

If so,

try this :

As I don´t have any date object that gives today´s date as the greates date, I will use an year object, {Ano]

1 - Ceate a query (Q1) that bring only the dates, in this query, the greatest date will be today , you don´t need to apply any filters;

2 - Create another query (Q2) that, again, brings the dates, but in this one, create a query filter using query on query (Q1), use Less Than as operand and choose ANY, like bellow picture

This query will bring all [Ano nível atual] less than current year

Finally, create a third query with filters, based on Q2

[Ano nível atual] Less Than or Equal Any [Q2].[Ano nivel atual]

AND

[Ano nível atual] Greater Than or Equal All [Q2].[Ano nivel atual]

This query´s result will be previous year

You will find better explanation of this method here

Regards,

Rogerio

Luke_D
Participant
0 Kudos

It appears this link is now broken. I'm looking for how to do exactly this and as this is the accepted answer, I'm hoping someone can direct me to the correct method.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts Appreciate response on same

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts Appreciate response on same