Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statistical Forecasting in IBP 5.0

former_member356014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have run satatistical forecasting in IBP 4.0

However I am finding it challanging in IBP 5.0 . Not sure where to confure it. We have been able to copy SAP_IBP_PLANNER_APP into our roles and the tabs for statistical forecasting and supply planning are visible in the IBP excel ribbon

When we go to statistical forecast it shows us the following window:

We selected the time period as Monthly. Howevr we couldnt get anything in the "Forecast Model" selection pane. It was blank. Then we tried to run it. We got a message stating "Select a profile".

We are not sure where and how to select the profile in IBP 5.0.. Request your help.

Regards

Atri Kundu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Atri,

Did you create any forecast model for your planning area? I assume there is no one available given that you are not able to select any from the excel drop down list <Forecast Model>.

Please follow these steps in order to define one:

Start Fiori Launchpad -> Manage Forecast Methods -> click Create button from the bottom right corner

After you select your planning area, you will have to input similar parameters as in IBP 4.0: historical and future periods, input and target KF, algorithm, coefficients.

If you would require further guidance in creating a forecast model, kindly check the application help:

Manage Forecast Models - SAP Integrated Business Planning - SAP Library

Regards

Alecsandra

former_member356014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

Thanks ofr your inputs. Now I have been able to define the forecast models and also have assigned them.

I created a forecast model StatForecast1

Defined the preprocessing steps,

Substitute Missing Value: Input keyfigure " Actuals Qty" and Output Keyfigure "ActualsMissingVal"

Outlier Correction: Input key figure "Actuals Qty" and Output Keyfigure "Adjusted Actuals Qty"

Defined Forecasting Steps:

Overall Parameters: "Actuals Qty" is the input and "Statistical Fcst Qty" as "Target Keyfigure for Forecast" and "Target Key Figure for Ex-Post Forecast"

Single Exponential Smoothing: Save forecast in "STATFRCST1" and Save Expost forecast in "STATFORCST2"

Double Exponential Smoothing: Save forecast in "STATFRCST3" and Save Expost forecast in "STATFORCST4"

Defined Multiple Forecast "Choose Best Forecast" and "Measure Used for Forecast Comperison "MAD"

I saved all these as 1 forecast model. Now I can see the model. In "Simulate" button I can find StatForecast1 model under "StatisticaL Forecasting" . After selecting the relevant planning levels (ProductID and CsutomerID) I ran the model from "Simulate". I tried to populate the keyfigure "Statistical Fcst Qty" . However I am getting an error message "Error in refresh sheet". Not sure what is the problem. Can you please help?

Sorry for the long message.

Regards

Atri Kundu

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Atri,

I have seen this error only in connection with master data inconsistencies.

What I would test:

1. Run in simulate mode. If error pops up I would check the frontend log

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\log

Check after last modified and open with a notepad++. If the error is related with data inconsistencies you might find some clues: e.g: invalid member

2. Run the forecasting model and use a filer limited to 1 combination. Check the status.

3. I would also try with a less sophisticated forecast model e.g - i would take out the pre-processing

If no success, i would raise an OSS.

Regards

Alecsandra    

former_member356014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi it is working. Thanks for your help.

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Great! Then please close the thread.

Rgds,

Alecsandra

0 Kudos

Hello Alecsandra,

I am kind of similar issue in IBP 5.0. I am not able to see the Stat forecasting in excel ribbon even though I have assigned the required Role SAP_IBP_PLANNER_APP". In IBP 5.0 when I tried to assign the Stat models to my planning area, while saving the configuration I am getting " Error while processing  your query. You are not authorize to create a new forecast model"?

kindly suggest.

Thanks

Rahul Kumar

Krishna1
Participant
0 Kudos

I faced same issues...Standard role is missing profile  for object IBP_FCSMAS...

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The standard roles have the object, but not the values assigned. It is not as in IBP4 that you have a kind of "SAP_ALL", but you need to copy the roles to Zxxxx and adjust the copied roles by assigning authorization for Planning AReas, forecast Model etc

That is valid for SAP_IBP_FMA_MAN_APP and SAP_IBP MFM_MAN_IBP

Same than normal roles in ECC system in transaction PFCG

Original Role:

Copied Role:

Yours

Irmi

0 Kudos

Thanks, it got resolved.

Really Helpful.

Regards

Rahul Kumar

0 Kudos

Hello Irrni,

I have a question - Does Outlier correction functionality comes with S&OP License Or its falls into IBP Demand Planning 5.0?

Thanks

Rahul

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

I am the wrong person to provide answers on license questions, especially nothing that would be contractually or legally binding

PLease check out OSS message 2129867 yourself, especially the attachment

You will find for SOP to be included is Basic Statistic Forecast only "Statistically forecast using historical data with basic methods to consider baseline, trend and seasonality (moving average, and single, double and triple exponential smoothing)."

Included in Demand only is advanced methods ".... This includes pre-processing and post-processing steps."

And Outlier Correction belongs to the Preprocessing steps, so...

Yours

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irmi,

Could you please help me with a similar issue.

I have copied SAP_IBP_FMA_MAN_APP and SAP_IBP MFM_MAN_IBP roles and modified the authorizations, as a result I was able to create forecast profile for my planning area.

However, the Stat. Forecasting buttons are not visible on Excel Add-In (IBP 5.0). Do I need to modify authorizations for  SAP_IBP_PLANNER_APP as well (IBP_Opertr is set as * currently) ?

Thanks,

Diwakar

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can log on and load data already, and just dont see the forecast operator?

Have you assigned the forecast operator to the planning area?

And yes you need the SAP_IBP_PLANNER_APP assigned.

I have heared that some people have issues if the operator IBP_OPERTR has the * assigned instead of having STAT_FCST assigned manually, but for me it works with *

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irmi,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

The planning operator assignment was missing from my planning area. I have added the same and the issue is now resolved.

Thanks again for your help.

regards,

Diwakar

Answers (0)