0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are on

On Unix plaform

SAP NW AS 7.4

JAVA 6.1, 64 Bit

Oracle 11g

IDM runtime component SP01.

We have successfully installed the IDM core component and created necessary users.

After completing the run time component installation at path /usr/sap/idm/identitycenter, have proceed to create dispatchers.

Here, we are receiving an error while storing the settings as well as utility is not allowing to save rt settings.

Please see below.

Let us know if any of us have seen this issue or any clue to do the troubleshooting here.

Regards,

Yatin Phad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yatin,

The most obvious thing to me since you are running UNIX (What version by the way) is that the user you are logged in as does not have write permissions in the /usr/sap/idm directory tree. At the very least make sure that your user has write permissions in the service scripts folder.

Also there are some known issues running Java 8 with IDM 8.  Please roll back to JAVA 7.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

Thank you so much for the response.

We are on Java 7 version and given required write authorization to logged in user.

I would like to know about field DSE Class path, as you can see in the utility, there is no browser button to select the same and i have manually maintained the value, which is not getting picked up.

Regards,

Yatin Phad

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yatin,

Check your screenshot, it's pointed to a Java 8 folder.

Yes, from what I see your classpath is correct.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

Thanks a ton.

I have changed the setting as below to point to JAVA 7.

From analyzing the logs the rt connection string configuration has some issues now.

The error is same as attached initially.

Also, the folder service-scripts is not available under /usr/sap/idm/identitycenter, is this suppose to be created manually?

Regards,

Yatin Phad

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm.... I don't recall and I am in the process of rebuilding my IDM 8 environment, and in any case never did it under a non Windows OS, but I believe it should be.  You might not be getting far enough into the process for the folder to be created.  I'm also assuming you are specifying the correct path? I seem to recall it being /usr/sap/IdM/Identity Center 

This would make a large difference. I'm not sure what your level of comfort with *nix is (mine is on the low side) but here's an account of something I discovered a few years ago on IDM 7.2.

IdM Thoughtplace: Doing a LINUX Based Victory Lap

Hope it helps

Matt

jrondorf
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you check if the logged in user has write permission in that folder?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jannis,

As suggested by Matt previously about permissions check, I had manually created file n folder in folder structure. It works fine.

Can we check any settings here?

I strongly feel regarding connection string parameters and any additional settings required.

@matt: do let me.know if you any further suggestions or prior experience

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error message indicates a permissions issue.  So to put it to rest, please answer a couple of questions:

What account does the dispatcher run under?

Does that account have write permissions on the folder?

My reasoning is this: You might have created the folder, but the dispatcher might be running as a different user, and that is the user that needs permissions.

Other than that my only suggestion is to remove and reinstall everything.

Matt

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please also post a screenshot of the /usr/sap/idm folder structure.  Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

I am running he dispatcher utility using SIDADM account.

Below is the screen-print of the IDM folder structure  with few folders created manually to test permission levels for the user ( testfolder).

Also from the observations i found that the moment i enter dispatcherutil.sh gui command to open dispatcher utility.

I receive below error.

Regards,

Yatin Phad

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yatin,

I assume you have run the database creation scripts?

Check the log for errors.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

Yes, I had run the database scripts, after that i checked the creation successfully. No errors occurred their. Based

on prior experience.. Is the JAVA version seem fine to you.?

Regards,

Yatin Phad

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yatin,

Can you access the database? Can you do it via the mxmc_rt account?

That oracle error is somewhat worrisome.

For the dispatcher, try changing the owner to the account that is running the dispatcher.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

I have managed to resolve this error as below.

Cause:

The SP level for IDM core and IDM run time components were different. (However i had downloaded IDM 8 as package).

After reinstalling both the components, i am now managed to create dispatchers.

Thanks for all the help and support.

Regards,

Yatin Phad

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yatin, That would do it! Glad you got it figured out.

Please remember to award points for any helpful answers and close out the thread if you have not already done so.

Matt

Answers (0)