cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mandatory of POD to create billing document with reference to delivery document

vidyasagar24
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP SD Experts,

I have a requirement from one of the client which as follows....

• Billing document should be created with reference to delivery document, similarly, proof of delivery option is also required for each delivery document.
  • Accordingly, I have made a configuration, but, here is a scenario that billing document should ignore the POD mandatory.
  • That means, I came to know, as per SAP standard, unless & until POD is created to delivery document, the system won't allow to create billing document.
  • In this case, the actual requirement of user is that they want to created sales order, delivery & billing document at one time, but, POD will be done after some days (depends on acknowledgement given by their customer).
  • They require to have financial entries & stock updation whenever sales order is created.

In this regard, can anyone would suggest any solution that billing document should be created with reference to delivery document which should ignore the POD mandatory.

Thanks & Regards

Vidya Sagar Chintalapudi

SD- Delivery.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

I dont think your rquirement is possible.

The moment you set the delivery as relevant for POD and enable the same in item categories, the POD status only will determine the billing document creation. in correct POD cases cannot be invoiced.

Not only that, you cant even do partial invoices for deliveries with POD.

Go through the note 1559136

vidyasagar24
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Navaneetha Krishnana,

I understand, it is posted to know if there is any work around to meet the requirement in order to avoid financial impact.

Thanks & Regards

Vidya Sagar Chintalapudi

SD- Delivery

Answers (0)