Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW extraction for available stocks from ECC

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement to extract available stock data from SAP ECC to BW.

Now we have WM activated and 916 stocks can be considered as available.

Its only stocks, no need to consider SO or PO.

But LQUA table have stocks in different fields 'Total stocks GESME', available stocks, putaway stocks , Picking etc.

After checking I understood that if checking LQUA for extraction, then lot of logic should be written.

Because I cannot take directly LQUA-GESME, because some cases TOs have 2 step confirmation, in that cases those stocks are not displayed.

Like this many scenarios can be there.

1. Please advice, for these type of extraction WM or IM level tables would be appropriate?

Kindly let me know if anyone developed this kind of report.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suppose you have already take a look at the sap help description of the common Inventory mgmt datasources like Material Movements from Inventory Management - Inventory Management - SAP Library ?

I have only loaded MM > BW, and I doubt the standard BF, BX, UM datasources would have your warehouse fields. If you have extended warehouse mgmt activated, perhaps can search at ROOSOURCE for 0WM* and see if anything fits the description.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it depend on the requirement whether you should extract from WM or IM

e.g.

if I have a requirement to display the total stock (including stock which is in High rack or Open or all the physical storage type + interim storage type (902, 916 & 999) then you can use the Total stock (GESME) field however there is a cons with this as the stock in 999 may or may not be there in warehouse physically hence we always suggest to use the VERME (Available stock)  on top of this you need to look for stock category (BESTQ) also as there will be some stock in quality status some in block status

if you are looking for IM table then you can refer MARD

sandeep_pv
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish for your reply.

But even if I take VERME (available stock), like I said some TOs with 2 step confirmation and if TOS are not fully confirmed, then stock mismatch can happened, I mean stock displayed will not be accurate.

I do not need to have stocks displayed based on rack or anything, just to see available stocks. So I guess IM- MCHB should be good, I need batches as well.

Regards

JL23
Active Contributor
MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure about your exact requirement however in that case (IM - MCHB) you will have some stock which are in Storage type 999 as a result of mismatch in between book stock and physical and decision (step LI21) are yet to be taken.

e.g.  IM  - 10 pc

WM  - HRS - 9 pc, 999 - 1 pc (This 1 pc is not found in the warehouse physical location hence got transferred to 999 for resolution, Till the time user will not perform LI21 it will still be there and hence your IM-MCHB will have 10 pcs but physically you have only 9 pcs)

I can see that other member suggested for standard SAP BW Extractros which are available to pull / push the data why don't you give a try to that