cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Running Transaction During EHP Upgrade - Preprocessing

Former Member
0 Kudos

When the Shadow Instance started, a "SQLAGENT - TSQL JobStep" process also started on the SQL Server (2012). It is running under the shd_<sid> database user. I'm worried that this process may not relinquish the tempdb log. Does anyone know if I can kill this? Sorry. Fairly new to SQL Server. It's been "suspended" for a few hours now. I am in the MAIN_SHDRUN/DDIC_UPG of Preprocessing.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Ferracioli

ST04

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

luisdarui
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Have you checked SQL Agent in Sql Server Management Studio to check which job is running?

Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

MSSQL_COLLECTOR:

luisdarui
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

You can cancel the execution of this job.

As far as I know this job shouldn't be running for the shadow instance. Did you run MSSPROCS scripts while logged in Shadow Instance?

Regards,

Luis Darui

Former Member
0 Kudos

The good news is that the free% just increased from 40% to 80% on the templog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't logged into the shadow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Luis!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cherry_tian
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi, Styephen,

On the current phase MAIN_SHDRUN/DDIC_UPG, shadow instance has been started. It starts to import dictionary objects, for examples SPAU, SPDD results on shadow instance. The shd_<sid> user you saw running on database is the user from shadow instance.

The attached ST04 related screenshots show the process is in suspended status. That means it doesn't do any thing in database. Except this suspended process, do you see any  processes with "running" status in database?

You don't need to care about the suspended process. You need to check if the "running" status processes are really running.

Best regards.

Cherry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Cherry.