Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input XML into String

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I followed the below mentioned blog to convert an idoc payload xml into a single string. But it did not work.

Although , copyxml of the subtree only worked.

When I copied from node to node it worked as it simply created an xml subtree under old node. But when i tried to copy the entire xml from node to string, it did not work.

Can someone clarify whyit is not working.

I even tried creating a simple source xml and target string.

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

What is your PI version?, have you tried with XSLT mapping RE: Help on XSLT/JAVA mapping XML to string ( P... | SCN?

Regards.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Inaki

I am into latest PI7.4 dual stack.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

Try mapping the run node to the required string and then select the option " return as XML" this will give the entire XML in the single node.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

I don't understand, what do you mean by run node ?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Sam,

Sorry Root node.Typo error.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu

I already tried source root node to target element, it is not working. Both are 0.unbounded only and simple strings.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sam then why don't you try using XSLT or Java Mapping?.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Appreciate if you can provide me links as I have never created an xslt or java mapping before.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu

It looks too much effort especially with having PI7.4 latest one, things should work as per jyoti blog.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I understand the blog shows a very elegant way to do it and you want to do it in that way.

You said, that "it didn't work", what does this mean?, do you get any exception?, what do you have on the queue mapping?.

Could you share a screenshoots about the mapping and the queue mapping and if you has marked "Return as XML"?, in this way it will be easier for the SCN members to detect what can be the issue.

Regards.