cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in the enrollment server Afaria

former_member222084
Participant
0 Kudos

After updating Afaria 7 from sp5 to sp7, the enrollment server is not working. How to configure it in IIS? I think the problem  is in it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chris_redel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Olga,

are you using a relay server and if yes where are the RSOE config files stored? If the RSOE config files where stored in the default RSOE folder you must restore the files from backup. SP7 setup will renew the whole RSOE folder without saving any files.

br Chris

former_member222084
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Chris,

I don't use a relay server.

chris_redel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Olga,

pls. explain more detailed: "....enrollment server not working."

What is the error on the iOS device? Are you able to see any errors in the Afaria logs? Is the iPhone service able to start up? Are you using the SSP for enrollment? For enrollment problem assistance it requires to get all possible details of the problem description and Afaria setup.

cheers Chris

former_member222084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Well, I will try to explain the problem more exactly.

I use only windows and android devices.

When I register a new device in the Afaria by the self-service portal or by  enrolment code, I get  an error. Screenshots 1.2.

In Screenshot #2 (in Russian) it`s mean

Connection to

Connect to

Error

Screenshots (3,4,5,6,7,8) established policies and server settings from Afaria.

And also, Fig. IIS (9).

logs (10)

chris_redel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Olga, thx for reply. What is the Afaria client communication port configured on Afaria? Is this also port 8080 for http? Are you able to connect to the Afaria Server when you try to use the local Afaria client on the Afaria server using the local IP and http client comm. port? cheers Chris

former_member222084
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you, Chris,

Yes to all questions

chris_redel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Olga,

if the Afaria server is able to connect the problem seems related to an DNS or routing issue. Is the host name a public host reachable from the internet? Are you able to provide me that host name?

br Chris

jtaylor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Olga, I agree with Chris. I am not able to hit your enrollment server address from the internet. You may wish to delete the first screenshot above or obfuscate it further. It appears that there is either a DNS problem or routing or firewall problem. I find it unlikely that both ports 443 (IIS/Enrollment Server) and 8080 (Afaria Server service) would be unavailable due to problems with each.

Answers (0)