cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After re imported IDOC structure message mapping is not considering updated segment occurrence.

former_member213558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts. In standard  IDOC E1EDP19 segment maximum occurrence is 5 but we've changed as 10. in SAP PI 7.4 after being re imported (update) the IDOC structure  using  Imported Objects and the  IDOC structure  is successfully updated and i can see the changes ( E1EDP19 segment maximum occurrence is 10) in message mapping level also. but while executing message mapping the occurrence which is changed id not taking. i.e more than 5 E1EDP19 segment is not populating default. but if i re-import the IDOC it's working fine. my question is: do we need to re import the IDOC at every message mapping? already 20 customer mapping moved to production, i'm looking for same  changes for these mapping also, is there any other way to achieve this with out re importing the IDOC? please note: after being re imported I've cleared all the cache.  please advise. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

Re import the idoc metadata.

former_member213558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI raguram, thank you for your reply. I've done re import the idoc metadata  also, still it's not working. Regards Ramesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

If you change the IDoc structure, then you need to re-import the IDoc metada from the backend into the PI ESR.

If you change the maximum occurance/cardinality, then you need to update each mapping to reflect the required changes and then regenerate the mapping in the ESR. There is no other workaround for this.

Regards
Mark