Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to RFC Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thanks a lot for your prompt replies.

1. I have a scenario where in I need to send a csv file, that is to be picked up by the RFC adapter and the final data sent to SAP R/3 sys.

2. I was not clear with the usage of RFC,RFC Adapter, and the object that need to be created in IR and ID.

3.. Does an RFC internally use a proxy?

Regards,

Younus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Specifically, i was looking for File-RFC without using BPM.

Thanks in advance.

Younus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

u can not do File to RFC without BPM,File can't be used for sync. communication and RFC is usually sync. so u have to use BPM to get the response back from RFC and display it

thanx

ahmad

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yonous,

If your RFC is async then there's no need for a BPM

If your RFC is synchronous (u need an RFC response to file adapter), u cannot do that without the BPM (Of Course with a few excetion)

File to RFC Synchronous scenario using BPM (Many constraints)

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am just looking for a file to RFC scenario.

Regards,

Younus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Younus,

Check out this blog..

<a href="/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit to RFC using BPM-Starter Kit: By Arpit Seth</a>

Maybe this is just the thing you are looking for!

Regards,

Amitabha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

RFC adapter is used for sync communication with R/3 system,its not used to pick any flat file,u have to use File adapter on the sender side and use File content conversion to convert it into XML and then send it to the receiver

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I need to send a csv file, that is to be picked up by the RFC adapter and the >>final data sent to SAP R/3 sys.

RFC adapter cant do that...you need to use File adapter for that

your scenario needs use of Integration process to take care of the not matching modes i.e. async on sender side and sync on rcvr side....search for blogs on this topic File to RFC scenario.

>>I was not clear with the usage of RFC,RFC Adapter, and the object that need to >>be created in IR and ID.

For RFCs...your job is done till creation of Message interfaces....i.e. you need not create DT / MT and msg interface as the imported object for the RFC structure serves the same purpose...