Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charm: request for change not allowing to release for development

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing an issue with Request for change not allowing us to release for development. There is no problem with other change requests

The change request contains another urgent change which has been completed. Requirement was to extend scope of the change request which is having issue. I tested in non production charm and the same scenario worked and I was able to release for development.

1. Extended scope

2. Inserted scope "another urgent change"

3. Estimation

4. Releases for approval

5. Approved

6. Set to development --> Error status shows implemented when we go to edit mode

I have tried to forcefully change the status but that is also not working as it goes into backward status like in process/extend scope. I also checked there is no system error in the report.

Please help!

Regards,

Salman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Request For Change screen with the error.

Also there are at times other dependencies regarding approver and creator. You might want to check that. I mean the approver should be setting the document to in development.

You can also check the logs  for your id  in tcode SLG1 in solman system.

Finally it would be wise to use st01 and check for sure that it is not authorization issue.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards

Robin Singh

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

anyone has any idea ? We don't have any issue with other charm request. Only this particular change request is behaving differently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Salman!

Did you check if your request for change has the system status 'Approved'?

It's a silly recommendation. Don't you want to try delete this item and insert a new one?

Julia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Salman!

Did you check your project? Is there any error?

Best regards,

Julia

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julia,

There is no error and also ran custom report which shows if there is any error in the document but there is no error..

Basically, it doesn't generate urgent change number after extending scope/approval/sect to development (which resets the status back to extend scope without generating urgent change document number).

There should be any authorization issue because we were able complete previous urgent change in the same change request.

Please help

Regards,

Salman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Salman, I think you are right. There is some authorization issue.

The roles are the same? Did you run ST01?

Julia

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry typo.. I meant there is no authorization issue as I have administration access. The problem is it is not generating urgent change document number after releasing for development again.

I do have authorization for generating urgent change number as I did with first urgent change in same change request