cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Personas 2.0 can the f4 screen be unique?

0 Kudos

Hi,

So i've added a script next to my textfield that functions as f4. How can i make this unique? Since i have 2 scripts that lead to a different f4 screen. How can i put a button on both on these while not seeing the other. In the picture i've added, there's the material you have to chose and plant. But i want to see my plant button in my plant screen and my material button in my material screen. s there a way i can do this?

Thanks in advance,

Shana Weemaels

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are on Personas 2.0 SP03, you can add another script button and call it from onCreateHandler of popup. In this script button check IF CONTROL EXISTS for some unique control that exists in only one scenario (eg: graph button in material f4) then use SHOW CONTROL "material" button and HIDE CONTROL "plant" button.

But you need to be very careful because most F4 windows have id of "ses[0]/wnd[1]". So making any screen changes in one popup might show up unexpectedly in other popup. (eg: go to SU01 and make changes like userarea background color in popup for User and then open popup for Alias...you will see changes there too)

Thanks

Chinthan

0 Kudos

Hey Chinthan,

We still have Personas 2.0 sp02 so i don't have the hide control functionality. Do you know any other way i could do this?

Thanks,

Shana

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change the label on a button just by using "Enter Value", so you could have just one button that changes its behaviour as necessary. Use Chinthan's onCreateHandler trick to set the label appropriately, and have the script on the button perform the same test to decide which action it should take.

But again, be aware of this button appearing in unexpected places.

Steve.

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

How do i change the lable of a script button, because "Enter Value" is not working. It stays blank.

Thanks,

Shana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enter Value works for me. This one line script changes the value on its own button, but of course it could reference any other button.

I am Personas 2 SP02 also, so I can't immediately think of a reason why this wouldn't work for you.

Steve.

0 Kudos

Maybe because i'm trying to change it in the popup screen?

So i this is the script i have. and then the script button "Test" should change to "Plant" right?

Thanks,

Shana

0 Kudos

I tried the same example you did, and that works fine, so it's because i'm using the popup screen

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whenever your screen changes (like popup opens or closes, navigate to different screen like details screen or new transaction), you need a REFRESH SCREEN step in your script so that the scripting engine can fetch the screen metadata again with current state.

So in simple words, please add REFRESH SCREEN as step 4 and then move Enter Value step to 5.

Answers (0)