cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to login to both at os level admin level and database level-sybase restoration

former_member230979
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My database is on sybase and os is on suse linux. For the past few days we are facing one problem. We are able to login to our production server

through GUI level. Our server is virtually mounted on vmware and os is on suse linux with sybase database. Here the problem is when we want to try

to login at OS level(sidadm)/sybase level(sybsid)/root level we are unable to login at all levels. is there any problem is there in our /bin file at os level.

for performing any kind of os level/db level activities its mandatory to login at both levels. Please provide some solution to my problem pals.

what could be the reason? why we are not able to login to root/sidadm &sybsid levels. please guide me regarding on this as early as possible and provide proper solution. It's very urgent. Is restoration is the only option or else any other option is there to login to root/os and sybase levels.

Best regards,

venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230979
Participant
0 Kudos

small correction: root/sidadm/sybsid

former_member230979
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

please give some solution its very urgent

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

If you can logon with any user on the host what do you see when you run command:

dmesg

dmesg is the kernel ring buffer and should give a quick indication of what is wrong on the server host.

Johan

former_member230979
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Nicolaas,

Thank you for your reply. i have clone the same server and i have restarted the server but it says kernel panic - not syncing attempted to kill init!, tried on login to other account and sudobut unable to process it, your suggestion will be appreciated

Best regards,

venkat