cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complex distribution Scenario using XI: MDM GL Account Custom Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a complex Landscape with multiple (4) businesses (multiple R3) instances and most common R3 --> DEV 4 instances with 5 clients each, QAS 4 instances with 2 clients each with some additional clients, PRD 4 instances with a client each and Training 4 instances with 2 clients each in the Landscape along with BW systems.

We are trying to implement standard MDM - XI - R3 distribution scenario. Only difference being MDM Production will be the Master distribution client and have to be distributing to all the R3 clients.

To achieve this syndication is being planned as MDM production to distribute files to 4 businesses to 4 file share folders. These files will be picked up by XI production and will be distributing(Creating IDOCs) on multiple receivers (R3 --> DEV, QAS and PRD) clients of the respective instances.

My question is: Is there an easy way to configure single file to mutiple R3 client IDOC receiver scenario? Also there might be additions and deletions of the R3 clients based on business requirements. Is there any proposed or already implemented procedure to achieve this complex distribution?

Your time and input is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

-Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shiv,

Thanks for your input. But, this will need manual sydication to each and every client system. We are using MDSS to automate syndication to different client systems within which we don't have an option to set the file names? Syndication needs to happen to several different clients(47), doing it manually?

Also, even with your option I will have to configure all the systems the master data needs to be syndicated within MDM itself, which shouldn't be a big deal since this gives me an option of dynamising the receivers atleast.

Any more alternatives or workarounds?

Thanks and regards,

-Raj.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You can use the Syndication Server for a automatic distribution from MDM to XI. The recommended way is to distribute one file per target system. This means that you have to create the target systems in MDM and then use MDM Ports to distribute the message. You can configure a communication channel on XI in a way that it loops through your different port folders to pick the message. The you use the Receiver Determination to configure the receivers of your data.

A short question: do you always want to syndicate the data to all of you systems? The you could solve the issue easier: you send one file from MDM to XI using MDSS and a generic port. Then you use the Receiver Determination on XI to distribute the message to all of your target systems.

Kind regard

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Appreciate your input. Yes, within my scenario we have to distribute the change files to all the systems.

Basically MDM will take care of syndication of GL Account Master Data into 4 different files for 4 businesses. But, within 4 integration scenarios of XI we have more than 10 clients spanning R3 DEV, QAS and PRD client systems. I was checking to see if all the 47 business systems, CC, Receiver agreement, Receiver determinations, Interface determinations and Sender agreements are necessary or else if there was a way to determine the R3 Client receiver systems dynamically?

Thanks for your time and help,

-Raj.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

you're welcome. OK, I see the issue. If you configure the client systems in MDM accordingly, the message sent from MDM to XI would be capable to carry the target client system information. But I have no idea if XI can pick this information and forward the message dynamically. Maybe you should post this question in the XI forum?!

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This issue has been solved using XI's enhanced receiver determination in conjunction with a file with the receiver systems and some custom Java Mapping.

Thx for ur time,

Rajani Kanth

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

In MDM various remote systems are maintained as Client systems. As your requirement seems, you can apply the remote key values on the records for each client. Then while syndicating records, check the map property "suppress records without key' and name the file same as the name of remote system to whom you want to send IDoc. In Xi check the name of file and then send IDoc to that R/3 system.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

<b>Shiv.</b>