cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira error while connecting SAP BW (while trying to invoke the method com.sap.ip.bi.zen.connectivity.IBackendServices.isConnectionUpAndRunning(java.lang.String))

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts !

I am getting error in Lumira while connecting to SAP BW

Could you help please.

Error message - (screenshot attached)

while trying to invoke the method com.sap.ip.bi.zen.connectivity.IBackendServices.isConnectionUpAndRunning(java.lang.String) of a null object returned from com.sap.ip.bi.zen.IDesignerEnvironmentBase.getBackendServices()while trying to invoke the method com.sap.ip.bi.zen.connectivity.IBackendServices.isConnectionUpAndRunning(java.lang.String) of a null object returned from com.sap.ip.bi.zen.IDesignerEnvironmentBase.getBackendServices()

[object Object]

I have SAP Lumira Version 1.25.1 ; Build 24

Thanks a ton in advance !

Pratik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please upgrade to version 1.28.5 and download the BW Query Extension  - see

The version (1.25) you are using has very limited functionality with BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Tammy for quick response.

Unfortunately installing new version is not an option for me (since installation is controlled by infrastructure team of client and needs various approvals. )

If I can get a fix for above error, it would be quick solution for them.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pratik - the 1.25 as I recall only provided access to the Visualize room when using BW queries; are you sure you want to invest time in finding the resolution?   Is the client sure they want to use this functionality?  If so then for sure I would upgrade to at least 1.28.

Answers (0)