cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form using 1.9 GB of memory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a form which is causing user computers to freeze.

It has multiple stages of approval using digital signatures and each time the form is saved it nearly doubles in size. I can't see how adding one signature to the form should do this?

Also after the first or second save the form is using 1.9 gb of RAM and this is freezing some users computers.

It's running in DC or via a Webdynpro adobe window.

Any suggestions on where to being investigating?

Regards,

Rob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Each signature adds a snapshot of the form/pdf to it to allow auditing the signatures later. Especially in scenarios where you have multiple signatures it is important to be able to audit what state the form was in when it was signed. For example, if it is possible to change some values after signing this could lead to a situation where the form is modified after being signed and then signed again. Acrobat and Reader (and ADS via an API) allow you to look at this/inspect it but need the snapshots for it.

A size of 1.9gb is extreme but without details it is hard to comment. If it is a simple form it might be worth being investigated by the Adobe engineers.

Best,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. That explains a bit.

Not sure if it was clear. The form size isn't reaching 1.9gb although it is getting very big. It's when opening the form Adobe uses 1.9gb of RAM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think opening a message and let Adobe engineering look into this is the only recommendation I have.