cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dynamically acces a row in Personas 2.0

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to make the VA01 screen a little more cleaner.

I was asked if it's possible to add material materials through 3 textfields, shown in the first picture. When you press add material, the material should add in the column and complete itself. This works if i use in my scripting cell[1]. But if i add another material, i get the error that the control was not found, since there's already a material in it. Can i somehow change this number to a dynamic number, in this case args.rows.

Thank you in advance,

Shana Weemaels

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can refer to this wiki link on dynamically accessing table row

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Img/Personas+2.0+SP03+Features#Personas2.0SP03Features-Dynamicu...

but for your scenario, you can use the solution suggested.

Thanks

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VA01, below the "All items" table is a "Create item" button (second from left). This scrolls the table so that line 2 is blank, and you can then add your new material in line 2 of the table. This works even if there are no existing lines - adding the new material to line 2 while line 1 is blank is just fine.

Make sure you know your transaction well before trying to automate it - that can help a lot in keeping the scripting simple .

Steve.

0 Kudos

Does this also work when you have more materials? when i have 4 matrials i want to add, how can i place it at cell 2? I anso have configuarable materials and they take for example 3 rows, can this still work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why not try it and see? How does it work when you do it manually?

Steve.

0 Kudos

Okay, so what i tried was set the value of the /colTABLECOLUMN[1]/cell[2] but when i add my third material, it crashes because it can't seem to find the control. When i press the add item button, it focuses on the last open row. So when i checked the recorded scripting it recoderd ..../colTABLECOLUMN[1]/cell[3] when i clicked the button. But i don't know if i can use this.

Do you have any ideas?

Kind regards,

Shana