cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated BASIS checks with Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an requirement where I need to configure automated BASIS health checks on satellite systems via Solution Manager. We have Solution Manager 7.1 SP12.

The daily monitoring and health checks tasks that we do are to be automated. For example

SM12 = Check locks

SM13 = Check failed updates

DB12 = Check Backup and DB logs

ST22 = Check ABAP dumps

SM21 = Check System Logs

ST02 = Check Memory and Buffers

and so on.

These above tasks are done manually and updated in daily report. We want this automated. What we want is that all these checks are automatically run at 10 AM daily and report is build with the information. This report also has to be sent by email.

Managed system configuration is already done. I do see these type of tasks listed under tcode Solman_workcenter --> System Monitoring --> Proactive Monitoring. But with that it is done manually. Also under Central System Administration when i click on Setup CSA--> and click on solution --> click on System --> i do see different BASIS, DB etc tasks listed there, but i think think that is more of documentation and manual tasks.

Could you please help me in this and how can i achieve this automated Basis health checks?

Regards,

Tajinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Anyone has a solution to automate daily monitoring of few tcodes in sap crm.

thalesvb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, yes: Solution Manager. Either Business Process Monitoring or Interface and Communication Monitoring or System Monitoring, it depends on what you want to monitor. There are various monitoring objects readily available to configure, and it is possible to build your own.

Please open your own question next time, it becomes visible that your are questioning about something. When you posted here it acts as your are answering someone's question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejindar,

Did you get the solution for what you are looking for. I am in search of same .

Please reply on this thread.

Thanks and Regards,

Sushil Dandage

MichaelFoley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can monitor transactions using the following:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-63263

I am not sure will this help you exactly but it could be a start.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Appreciate any suggestion on this. I am not able to find documentation related to it. Not sure if this functionality even exists.

Regards,

Tajinder