cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically block Delivery/Invoices if credit limit has exceeded.

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have read many existing posts on this subject/question and people are saying this is possible by using Credit Management functionality and going to OVA8. For some reason I cannot get this to work so I will share my setup. Before I do let me explain the requirement: Business wants to block any delivery/invoices from being generated if customer has exceeded his credit limit and/or if the customer has not made a payment to an invoice in 60 days.

Standard Credit Functionality will handle the blocking of the Delivery if credit limit has been exceeded but how to control the invoice as well by the 60 days of no payment. I'm sure if I can get the delivery to act the same way as the requirement the invoice will follow suit because you can't do one with out the other in the case of delivery related billing. What am I doing wrong in the config? Also, how to properly test this to see if this works. We have a control in place at the invoice where the billing date only takes current day as the billing date and I cannot change it back 60 days.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Firstly the Credit Group for Delivery is 02 (or 03 in case of Goods Issue) and hope you have maintain the settings for Delivery Credit Group in your system. Hope you have assigned the Delivery Credit Group (02) to the respective Delivery type (or Goods Issue 03, whatever the case may be).

The Setting of Oldest Open with 60 days should work if the Invoice (open item) is no paid with in 60 days of it's being due. Please check the payment terms in the Invoice and corresponding Due Date.

As far as controlling creation is Invoice concerned, I believe you would have already read in existing threads that is is not possible in SAP Standard with reason best explained thereof.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The credit group I have for Delivery is basically the same setup as I have in the order credit group. You mentioned Payment Terms. Before I came here I tried playing with the Payment Terms but it still didn't work. Please let me know if I set that up accordingly. Overall you did mention something that pointed some light as to what I could be doing wrong, so thank you. Last important thing is how can I go about testing this correctly keeping in mind my invoice date cannot be changed per control in place.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Payment Term you are using is a 60 Day Payment term.

Plus in the Credit Management Settings, you have mentioned 60 (Days OldestItem) against Oldest Open Item.

This effectively means that you are giving 120 (60 Days in Payment Terms + 60 Days in Credit Management) days before the Delivery (or Goods Issue) is blocked for Oldest Open Item.

Is this your requirement? If you need to block the Delivery as soon as Invoice that is Due for payment is not paid, you need to maintain 1 Day in Oldest Open Item.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (0)