cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira Desktop 1.28 scheduling to Lumira Cloud fails with BEx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing a problem with Lumira 1.28 when sharing and scheduling data to Lumira Cloud.

When loading a CSV file into Lumira, I am able to share it to the Lumira Cloud and then later, schedule it to be refreshed every morning when the same file is updated on our file server.

When we use the BW download data connector to connect to BW and use a BEx Query, I am also able to download the query data to Lumira, and then share it to Lumira Cloud. However, when I schedule the dataset based on the BEx Query, the scheduling fails with the following (cryptic) error message:

while trying to invoke the method com.sap.hilo.photon.systemtray.schedule.AbstractRefreshManager.setDataSourceName(java.lang.String) of a null object loaded from local variable 'refreshManager'

My query is very simple, yet it contains some optional and mandatory variables. Does Lumira have some sort of limitation on BEx Query connections were certain types of variables aren't supported? I can't find any such reference in the documentation.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Karri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moi Karri,

There is a number of limitations when you use Lumira with Bex Queries.

Most of them are listed here:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-66607

I would recommend to go through that list and check it against your Bex query.

best regards

iiro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iiro,

What is puzzling about this problem however, is that none of my query components seem to be listed as 'not supported'.

But one particular 'not supported' element which is a bit of a question mark is:

Custom StructuresLimitedOnly Keyfigure based structures are supported. Structures based on characteristics are not supported.

Does this mean that if I have a structure on the columns for example, it can only contain key figures and no characteristic restrictions? If this is the case, this is a rather huge limitation.

My variables are actually all optional selections, which are a mix of standard business content and some custom ones. A few are created on authorization-relevant info-objects.

I will modify my query to test different scenarios, but it would be good to get a comment from SAP

EDIT: I have made changes to my BEx Query to dumb it down to a very bare-bones version but the Lumira Desktop scheduling to Cloud is still giving the same error message

/Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karri,

before the list there is also link to the SAP note (1869560)

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

I would recommend to open a ticket with SAP, if you want more detailed explanation and please share with us then also your findings.

best regards

iiro

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karri

A bit of logging would be my 1st step here. Please see KBA 2220451 - High Level SAP Lumira Desktop Trace Log Files Using enabletracing.bat File - v. 2

The KBA has a batch file attached that will create detailed logs for you.

- Ludek

Answers (0)