cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO Code & Multiple UOM

0 Kudos

Hi SRM Experts,

What is the recommendation regarding having one ISO code to

Multiple UOM for the purpose of EDI transition. When bringing an item from 3rth party marketplace catalog thru SRM into R/3 the inbound idoc crashes with the following error message “cannot determine ISO” when analyzing this issue I have notice that on SRM & R/3 the ISO code is being assign to several UOM. The ISO & UOM from 3rth party provider catalog Item have being maintained accordingly. I have the feeling that the problem is related to have the ISO maintained for various & different UOM on our system. Would like to know if is OK to have several UOM mapped to one ISO. I am a believer that the ISO & UOM relationship shall be unique - one to one

Thanks in advance. SRM 4,0 & ECC 5.0

Points to reward!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Theoreticly you can assign ISO code to more than one UOM, but you get a warning message for example "ISO code C62 is arleady used for measurement unit PCE".

This is a system response:

<i>System response

You can assign the same ISO code to two different measurement units with the same dimension, but this can lead to <b>EDI problems later</b>. EDI uses the ISO codes as measurement unit key. If the same ISO code is maintained for several measurement units, a different measurement unit can be assigned to the ISO code measurement unit in the target system as in the source system.

In addition, a unique assignment of the ISO code to a measurement unit is a prerequisite for using the Mobile DSD solution.

Procedure

<b>Try to keep measurement unit <-> ISO code assignments unique.</b></i>

Regards,

Marcin

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi marchin

your information was very useful for me.absolutely you are correct.

How often we can do this CUNI ->Adjustment in my srm system?

br

muthu