Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Org Value overflow

Sankar_Aravind
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Need a suggestion on one org value issue.

It seems there is a org value entry limit.

1000 - 2000

2000 - 2004

2008 - 5000

Say for example the limit ends here.

Now if i am using a custom program, for mass org value updation. My company code is 6010.

once i execute the program, it is overwriting the value.

1000 - 2000

2000 - 2004

2008 - 5000

How i achieve the mass updation of this org values.

Thanks,

Sankar.

11 REPLIES 11

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

did you analyze your coding already, why its overwriting values instead of adding the value?

By the way, I expect, that you know SAP note 410993...

b.rgds, Bernhard

niteshgupta87
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try to add an org value manually, once you see that its being over written by your program. If you can add it manually, then its a problem with the custom program only. You can then work with abapper to identify the issue.

0 Kudos

Is there like this any time happened ? and is there a custom program through which we can do mass org changes safely ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

"Custom programs" definition says that creation of your own logic and working principle according to your need which cannot be fulfilled with standard behavior of product (SAP). So please check with your seniors or with ABAPers to correct your project defined custom programs.

Regards,

Surya

0 Kudos

No. I haven't come across such issue. I don't have any custom program either right now.

0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

When you mention custom program then you need to check with your ABAP team what logic they have used in the program. Is there any length limit set? It should work, you just need to check program logic.

Thanks,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be honest, this is not a big surprise and happens often... (direct updates to SAP tables which then torch the data consistency).

As such programs and also tools on the market often update SAP tables in an incompatible way, you cannot return to maintenance from PFCG afterwards when you want to use other features of PFCG.

Worse case you will be referred to SAP Note # 7 and will have to start all over and pay for the reimplementation (latest then you do not want to be the author of the program).

I guess you are not going to post your code because we can then all see what has been done, and without that we cannot help you and quite frankly we should not encourage the community to update tables by helping you work out they keys to this table.

The good news is that if you are not using APIs or API equivalents, then with the package concept I am looking very forward to the day when external updates will be blocked completely in open SQL.

Might as well lock the thread...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

So, is there no way we can have some through to update 200 roles manually than automated ?

Thanks,

Sankar.

Sankar_Aravind
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

Is there any way we  can update the org values for 100s of roles with this limitation ?

Thanks,

Aru.

0 Kudos

Any update ?

or can we get any message saying that  Org field is overfilled ?

How can we achieve this ? Doing for 250 roles manually is very long.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Sankar.

0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Its always the best way to actually go and update the org values in the roles manually rather than manipulating the tables directly.

In my earlier projects, I have tried to use LSMW scripts in the foreground using recordings with marginal success. Its needs to be done with utmost care, else your rework might end up taking up more time and effort than what was required originally to do the work manually one by one.

Since its a one time activity, I would still recommend the traditional approach, rather than the time and effort saving automated approach. In the end, patience always pays.

Thanks,

Rajesh