cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori cache buster not working in QA system after a transport moved ?

Momen_Allouh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In my Fiori project we have 3 Front-end NW systems:

1. DEV NW 7.4
  2. QA NW 7.4
  3. Production NW 7.4

There is also a normal transport mechanism so any change assigned to transport and moved from DEV to QA then to Production.
The Fiori Project is 7 custom Fiori apps configured in Fiori launchpad, and the Launchpad URL Link can be accessed from the internet browser so there will be 3 Fiori Launchpad Links for each system:

1. DEV Launchpad
  2. QA Launchpad
  3. Production Launchpad

I followed the following to activate the cache buster for Fiori in the 3  NW systems (DEV, QA, Production):

Cache Buster for SAP Fiori - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library

Whenever a deploy happen for new change to one of the custom developed Fiori apps with transport request into the DEV NW front-end server the change will show up in the app after closing the browser then open it again then refresh the launchpad link for DEV.

The Problem:

But once the transport has been moved to QA NW front-end and after running the following SE38 reports as mentioned in the post above:

/UI2/INVALIDATE_CLIENT_CACHES

and

/UI5/APP_INDEX_CALCULATE

the changes for the Fiori app will not show up in the browser for the QA launchpad link even if I closed and opened the browser 99999 time or even if I refresh 99999 time, no transported change will appear in QA link Fiori app.

The only way to see the transported change in the QA NW Front-end Fiori Launchpad link is when I clear the browser history (Or uninstall then reinstall chrome browser again) and clear the cache then the new change to the fiori app will appear in QA Fiori Launchpad link.

This is a very high critical problem currently in PRODUCTION because we can't tell the end users to delete and remove there browser cache and history every time a new change happen to one of the Fiori apps (every new transport to production NW server).

Is there any working solution that you have other than SAP solution from below link which is not working at all ?

Cache Buster for SAP Fiori - User Interface Add-On for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Library <- Cache buster is not working for QA and production

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Momen,

What is the Fiori launchpad link your users are using?

This one?

/sap/bc/ui2/flp

Momen_Allouh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

No I use the default launchpad URL:

/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html

in all the 3 systems (DEV, QA, Production) launchpad

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Momen,

As Krishna has mentioned. take a look at Activate the Cache Buster - SAP Fiori Launchpad - SAP Library.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Momen_Allouh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I tested the /sap/bc/ui2/flp/FioriLaunchpad.html in DEV  and it works.

The browser keeps loading the cache if you close it and open it or keep refreshing, until I run the following report: /UI5/APP_INDEX_CALCULATE then browser display the changes right away after one single refresh correctly.

I will  create a change and transport it then test in QA .

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can continue to use the old URL and make it to point to the cache buster URL as explained here. So you do not have to ask your users to use a new URL.

Customize the Launchpad URL - SAP Fiori Launchpad - SAP Library

Momen_Allouh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Right, I already have this custom alias used and communicated to end-users:

/fiori

So I just adjusted the target.

0 Kudos

Hi Momen,

I am trying to implement the Cache Buster in my application. I have followed the same way which you have done but I couldn't see the effects after running the /UI5/APP_INDEX_CALCULATE I am accessing the launchpad through /sap/bc/ui2/flp URL. But still it is loading the previous one.

Momen_Allouh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

First run

tcode SE38 report /UI2/INVALIDATE_CLIENT_CACHES

then run

/UI5/APP_INDEX_CALCULATE

And try to have custom Fiori Launchpad link e.g. ( /fiori ) like https://company_host_name.com/fiori