cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSS send email with password but doesn't work

Amparo_Gómez
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have GRC 10.0 and I configurated the Password Self Service, Previously, all the service was working correctly, but today I found a issue:

1 The  PSS requests the answer for the secret question, correctly

2.The PSS service allows to select the systems for the passwor reset correctly

3 The PSS send the email with the initial password

4: I test the password (I copy the password without spaces in blank) but I don't log in with this

5. I ran the sync jobs and the log was OK.

Somebody knows some reason for solve the issue??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Amparo_Gómez
Explorer
0 Kudos

thanks everybody for your help.

I reviewed step by step the configurations, I ran the three jobs for all the systems and now it's working correctly!!!

Happy new year

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please look at the note 1834079

Hope it will help you!

Regards,

Artem

Amparo_Gómez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

thanks for your response. I Reviewed the note and check the parameters but all is fine.

I'm checking others options.

Regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well the password is lengthy so that while copying even i had faced this issue during my implementation.

You can login to your system ERD and check from User change logs if the password was reset by GRC connector id. If not, then you should check the connector in SM59.

The password reset confirmation basically means that the activity was succesful by GRC so either you again try by copying the password appropriately or maintain below parameters in ERD system: SM30 > PRGN_CUST

GEN_PSW_MAX_DIGITS

GEN_PSW_MAX_LENGTH

GEN_PSW_MAX_LETTERS

GEN_PSW_MAX_SPECIALS

to a value desired say 8 or 10 and again perform the activity and check wid newly genearted shorter password.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only reason might be the while copying the password.After copying the passing ensure that it is correct by cross checking it by pasting the same in notepad/wordpad.

Also refer below notes which will help you.

1650604 *Generated passwords with special characters do not work

1716227UAM: PSS is not working for portal user

Thanks

KH

Amparo_Gómez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Katrice,

I checked the two notes and reviewed the solutions, but the PSS is not working still