cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice based on Delivery and Return order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Freinds,

I have a following requirement and is for eFood. Customer orders 10 different articles and then gets it door delivered. So the delivery(SAP Delivery document) is created. Now there is a option for him to return few articles from his salesorder. For example Cauliflower is not so fresh so he does not want to have it. Now the cauliflower will be thrown out. So there will be no goods reciept for this item. He can also return his empty bottles with which gets some creditnote. The point which I wanted to bring here is

There should be a single invoice based on the

"Delivery for the articles he has ordered" and

"Return order-(Here for few items will have goods reciept and few items not)"

This Invoice may also end up in a negative amount. Can some suggest me if this is possible with some std Invoicing functionality or whether a custom development is required.

If its not in the right space, please move the thread but dont close it:-)

Thanks a lot in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor

We had a similar business case in beverages industry. We send some products to the end customer, whch he may accept in full or partially (partial acceptance is in fact treated as on-delivery return). In addition the customer may return empty crates/bottles, which he did not state during order taking.

We used DSD functionality for processing. For the difference between original quantity and the accepted quantity we determine a customer sales transaction type, which results in a return item in the same sales order. For the returned empties - the driver is allowed to add to the current delivery as return empties only if the total result will not be negative value. The rest was done with a separate credit note (unplanned empties return). Technically you have goods issue for the complete quantity in the the original delivery and goods receipt for the difference, but both end up in a single invoice. In case the customer does not accept any products, we determined a different customer sales transaction type, that results in return items in the original orders, return delivery and item rejection for all order items (in some countries it is not allowed to issue invoices with zero value). Technically it is possible to do that with standard DSD functionality, but you may decide to enhance it to make it more user-friendly or if you do not use shipments/visit lists, but get the information for delivered/returned quantities via IDOCs from a wholeseller.

Benefits - good reporting, accurate adjustment of inventory/customer documents, you can charge the driver/transportation company/wholeseller in case of damaged/missing products if you wish.

Disadvantage - it is expensive: additional setup, in the case of mobile devices - they are not really cheap, additional training for users, you need settlement clerks and warehouse team to verify the receipts and signed documents, which also means additional costs. No idea about the licencing costs for DSD usage - I guess it is company-depandant.

I have seen a company that used a similar approach to the DSD concept with custom development, so this is possible as well, but it is still expensive.

Another possibility is to try POD functionality for the delivered goods, but in the case of unplanned returns of empties I do not think that it would help.

It would be good if the customer can inform in advance that he wishes to return empties - to ensure that there is sufficient space on the truck to collect them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the reply. Its extremely useful. Do you have any technical documentation or POC?

Thanks in advance!

former_member187610
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

The Proof of Delivery details is available in SAP Help Portal. Please find below the link to access POD.

Proof of Delivery - Shipping (LE-SHP) - SAP Library

Regards,

SG

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I used the official sap help documentation at that time (Direct Store Delivery: Configuration Guide). It is still available in sap note 755712 - Release restrictions/information for DSD as an attachment in PDF.

SAP offers some courses and there are also books on DSD, but I have not used them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I never had books on DSD, but I see that Direct Store Delivery: Concepts, Applications and Instruments is available in amazon (no idea if it is actually good). For me the combination of the official config guide and the exposure to the real business scenarios was more than sufficient. It is not that difficult to configure the paper scenario even in a sandbox system.

Regarding your second question - I guess it depends on where you work - independent, in-house, consulting company, in which country etc. I usually choose what to learn next not based on market trends, but on what I am interested in - so I am not the best person to give such answers. Probably it would be better to check in the careers forum.

Answers (0)