Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S_ALR_87013533 - Plan/Actual/Commitment/Rem.Plan/Assigned Report

zainm_bashir
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing one strange issue while analyzing the above mentioned report, may be there can be any conceptual issue of mine as well but need a guide on this please.

Scenarios is as follows:

PR created against WBS =                                           30,000,000/-

PO created against the same PR of the same WBS =      3,000,000/-

I have executed S_ALR_87013533 report after each event and the results are as follows;

Executed after PR Creation ==>                               Commitment = 30,000,000/-

Executed  after partial PO against the same PR ==>  Commitment = 3,000,000/-

I was shocked while analyzing this kind of result as the system reduced my commitment by 27,000,000 all the way as soon as i posted Partial PO against the same PR.

Can any one kindly guide me on this? is it normal or something is wrong with MM or PS?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was the PR closed when the PO was created?  Closing the PR reverses the commitment. 
On the PR look on the Quantities/Dates tab and see if the Closed indicator is checked.

zainm_bashir
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Ken,

PR is not closed i have checked it. Logically it should not reverse the commitment.

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bashir,

What is PR quantity and PO quantity ?

Thanking you

Vengaiah

zainm_bashir
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. Vengaiah its resolved, got your point

Regards,

Zain Bashir

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Creating a PO for the full Quantity of a PR closes the PR.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bashir,

When PR is converted to PO , then PR is no more commitment item, This is normal behavior .

Thanking you

Vengaiah

zainm_bashir
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mr Vengaiah,

I am not able to digest it, can you kindly me further on the below scenario:

Steps

- I have Budgeted WBS (XYZ-001) at 1,000,000/-

- Then created PR for that WBS (XYZ-001) at 1,000,000/- (Which means budget completely exhausted against the commitment made and system will not allow us to post next PR against that WBS).

- Now while posting partial PO against PR for the same WBS, amounting to 100,000/-, if system revises commitment from 1,000,000 to 100,000 then user will be able to post PR for next 900,000 which is logically wrong and lacking in Budgeting Control.

Please advice !

Regards,

Zain Bashir

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bashir,

Can you please let us what your PR quantity  and PO quantity when tested this scenario.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

zainm_bashir
Participant
0 Kudos

I was using PR and PO quantity as 1 which was causing this issue but now its resolved.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Zain Bashir