Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions regarding Port in SAP IDM 8.0 Installation

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am installing SAP IDM 8.0 on windows 2012 by following the "Initial Configuration of the Identity Management Developer Studio" however got stuck at 1.3.8

Could you please help me which port number I need to use here for Initial Configuration of the Identity Management Developer Studio. As Installation guide suggest Port should be - When you have configured the use of SSL (HTTPS) on your SAP NetWeaver Application Server Java, make sure to here provide the SSL (HTTPS) port number. I am not getting what to put here as I have not much idea about port and SSL.

I also wanted to know While adding new SSL access points, what should I need to enter in Port column. I put it as 1 now.

Presently, my SAP Identity Management Developer Studio plugins, SAP Identity Management Developer Studio, Database all are on same server however after completion of Installation, I am planning to configure SAP Identity Management Developer Studio plugins on other server.

Please help me to fix this issue.

Regards,

C Kumar

Message was edited by: C Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jaisuryan for help

Now I have fixed this issue. After changing the default value (1) of ume.logon.security.relax_domain.level to 2 I am able to login to IDM Developer studio plugins.

Fix-

• Go to NWAportal http://localhost:port/nwa
  • Configuration -> Infrastructure -> JAVA System Properties
  • Select Services and search for UME under sevice component name
  • Select Property User Management Engine - com.sap.security.core.ume.service

• In the Extended properties, search for ume.logon.security.relax_domain.level under name
  • Select ume.logon.security.relax_domain.level
  • Click on modify
  • Enter Custome Value 2 and click on Set
  • Restart the SAP

It will fix the issue.

The ume.logon.security.relax_domain.level allows to specify the number of sub-domains that the Java AS should remove from the domain in the URL when setting the domain attribute of the MYSAPSSO2 cookie

This allows some control over where the browser will send the cookie.

For example, if the value is 1 and the logon ticket is issued by the Java Application Server myserver.mycountry.mycompany.com, the logon ticket is valid for all servers in the domain mycountry.mycompany.com. A value of 2 and the logon ticket is valid for all servers in the domain mycompany.com

Regards,

C Kumar

Message was edited by: C Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chandan,

In most cases, I have seen 50001 maintained in the Port but I guess there is no restriction on that. We just have to make sure what ever port you maintain in NW and export SSL certificate, the same should be used in developer studio.

Kind regards,

Jai

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Jaisuryan.

I used 50001 as port and its working fine.

Actually SAP IDM docs (Adding New SSL Access Points - Network and Transport Layer Security - SAP Library) says,
Port - Enter the number of the port which you want to open.

Therefore I thought to enter the number of port rather port number.

After Initial Configuration of the Identity Management Developer Studio, I am trying to connect but got the error Login Failed - Unrecognized SSL Message

Well I have used Client Authentication mode as Request in SSL Access Point. Is this causing error?

Please help to fix this error.

Regards,

C Kumar

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chandan,

Check the error log.

Have you imported the SSL certificate in your machine?

Also, while installing Eclipse plugin, do not download from the site. If you have downloaded from *hana.com* or whatever, I suggest you to un-install the component and do as below.

In Eclipse go to Help\Install New Software\Add and choose archive and find the location of the Eclipse archive from SCA content

IDM8.0_xxxxxxx\DATA_UNITS\IDM_CONFIG_LM_FOR_ECLIPSE_80\com.sap.idm.dev-ui-repository-XXXX

This makes sure the versions of deployed service and eclipse plugin matches.

Kind regards,

Jai

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jaisuryan,

I have Eclipse plugin as told by you and again tried to connect but got new error Login Failed - Check Error Log (HTTP 401)

Could you please tell me how to check - versions of deployed service and eclipse plugin.

Regards,

C Kumar

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chandan,

Did you check the error log in Eclipse? What does it say?

Also check the post

Kind regards,

Jaisuryan

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jaisuryan,

I have gone through the post Login to developper studio but it has different error than mine.

Eclipse error Log

01:54:31,201  INFO net:91 - org.eclipse.core.net - 0 - System property http.proxyHost is set to proxy.<domain_name> but should not be set.

01:54:31,203  INFO net:91 - org.eclipse.core.net - 0 - System property http.proxyPort is set to <port> but should not be set.

01:54:31,204  INFO net:91 - org.eclipse.core.net - 0 - System property https.proxyHost is set to proxy.proxy.<domain_name> but should not be set.

01:54:31,205  INFO net:91 - org.eclipse.core.net - 0 - System property https.proxyPort is set to <port> but should not be set.

01:54:31,215 ERROR workbench:91 - org.eclipse.ui.workbench - IdMDevStudio - 0 - [05.11.2015 01:54:31-214] - com.sap.idm.ic.rest.odata4sap.entitymodel.exceptions.HttpException: 401 Unauthorized

com.sap.idm.ic.rest.odata4sap.entitymodel.exceptions.HttpException: 401 Unauthorized

Please help me to fix this issue.

My eclipse plugin version is 8.0.0 201411281351  800SP0  Required Database Schema: 1513
Could you please tell me how to check -
version of SAP Identity Management developer studio services.

Regards,

C Kumar

jrondorf
Participant
0 Kudos

For the proxy stuff, check eclipse preferences -> search for proxy there.

Deployed version of dev studio service can be found in component information of NWA -> search for IDM as a component name.

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chandan,

Were you able to resolve this issue?

in regards to version, take a look at this note,

2171045 - Error "Login failed: Check error log (HTTP 400)" when logging in to SAP Identity Management Developer Studio

Kind regards,

Jai

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jannis,

Thanks for the information

I have checked the proxy and version of dev studio (08.1.13) as discussed. Proxy HTTPS is already defined. My dev studio eclipse plugins version is 8.0.0.

Could you please guide how to update it to 8.1

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jaisuryan,

Sorry for late reply. I was on leave on the eve of Diwali.

The Issue has not been fixed yet. Whenever I try to login to IDM developer studio, its asking for username and password again. After providing the Administrator user credentials, I am getting error as Login Failed – Check error log (HTTP- 401)

What I need to enter here?

Administrator user is already defined in MC_USER table and also present in UME.

I have already defined Custom DataSource as described in the Installation docs.

I have gone through the thread Unable to Login into SAP IDM Developer Studio also. It seems everything is fine (except version difference between Idm Developer Studio  service and eclipse plugins). How to update Idm Developer Studio eclipse plugins?

My Eclipse, IDM, Database everything is on the same system.

I am getting HTTP Error 401 which is related to Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials while the shared note is about the error HTTP400 - Bad request.

Presently Eclipse is using JRE1.8 while SAP is using SAP JVM1.6. Is this causing error?

Please help me to fix this error.

Regards,

C Kumar

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

I haven't upgraded eclipse plug-in nor know it.

If it was me, I would uninstall the existing plug-in and install the new version.

1) Go to help-> install new software...

2) Click the option "Whats already installed?"

3) Select SAP Identity Management Developer Studio and choose Uninstall.

4) Then install eclipse plug-in again. I got to know from other post that SAP stopped shipping ecplise archive. So you can use SAP Development Tools for Eclipse to get the newest plug-in for IDM and try again.

In my system, Ecplise use Java 1.7 but SAP system is JVM 1.6 but I haven't faced this issue.

Kind regards,

Jai

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaisuryan,

Thanks for reply

I have already uninstalled and then installed the eclipse plugins using SAP Development Tools for Eclipse but got the same issue.

I am not getting what to enter in the below screen which appear after entering Idm Developer user credentials.

Regards,

C Kumar