cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVAC Launch scenerios in PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I'm puzzled here, as I have done everything to activate AVAC for all my projects, but it only actvates in 1 scenario of project creation (and fails for the other).

Scenario - 1

CJ20N I create a project structure without Network header and activities. release WBS. Save

IM52 Distribute budget to it

CJBV Activate AVAC

CJ20N Add Networkheader to project, add Network activity, add material compoment for price that is valued over budget.

Release Network header + Network, Save.

In this scenario I get my Error message saying that I'm over budget

Scenario - 2

CJ20N I create a project structure with Network header, activities and material component priced over budget straight away

IM52 Distribute budget to it

CJBV Activate AVAC

CJ20N Release All: WBS, Networkheader + Network, Save.

In this scenario I succesfully raise a Purchase Requisition above budget.

Please can some one help me to understand why Error message is not showing up in Snerio 2.??

here is my config

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daria,

It seems Assigned Value is creating trouble, pls let us know if "assign fund in the plan" checkbox active or not in OPSV config.

Check SAP note 783161 regarding the role of assigned value and availability check

In Scenario-2, assigned value may not getting updated correctly, check note 1424698

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, looks like you are right - Assigned Value in CJ33 - is different...

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To browse into line items of the assigned value use a report for AVC analysis from CJ33: Extras > Availability control > Analysis.

That is the only ABAP report to give you realistic figures when you use exempt cost elements setup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Paulo thats useful:)

Please can you tell what is "exempt cost elements setup"?:)

& also this is what i see in that report... No idea where this assigned value came from...

Would you possibly tell how to investigate

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean I understand that value of 13k comes from Requisitin, but I don't understand why it gets assigned and overwrites BUdget Value???

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daria,

Sorry, I cannot see the screen...  But once you know how to read that report it will give you full transparency on assigned value.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe I understand from report, that Assigned Value got from RMBA value (Aka Mat Requisition)...

but why system desided it needs to used that value as assigned value?

& and ho do I change system behaviour?

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Everything is based on configuration.

What is wrong about material reservation?  I do not remember if GSAP has valuated project stock or not, but the earlier you can capture potential cost the better it is...

If you consider that balance sheet items are not relevant for AVC you can exclude those accounts in OPTK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, I see thank you

Checked OPTK - but the accout from Material requisition is not part of the list...

what esle shall check to find out why in this scenario 2 I assigned value comes from Req, while in sceario 1 not?

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only other place to influence the assigned value is OPSV...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daria,

Can you please check config in 

SPRO-- PROJECT SYSTEMS -- COSTS -- BUDGET -- define tolerance limits.

whether your budget profile  has been mapped to tr.grp field set to ++ or individual objects ( like PR , PO etc) . If it is individuals objects check whether it is mapped to PR.

If you feel above config is fine, then check

SPRO-- PROJECT SYSTEMS -- COSTS -- BUDGET -- specify exempt cost elements.

Check cost element used in PR is exempt here in this config.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also look at the Activity Groups in the tolerance settings.