Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS Optimizer

sb_fernandes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We have issue in PPDS optimizer with respect to sequencing of  Semi Finished and Finsihed Product planned orders. After PPDS optimizer run we see Semi Finished are scheduled after Finsihed products.

We use PPDS optimizer.First we convert SNP planned order to PPDS planned order.After that run PPDS optimizer.

Finsihed product availability is on 01/04/2016 whereas Semi Finished is available on 20/04/2016.

We are using dynamic pegging relationship. Kept 30days of Maximum Earliness of a Receipt and Maximum Lateness of a Receipt at Semi Finished Level. For Finsihed Product level 400 days.Also In FG level there is 10 days as GR time to capture the Quality Inspection activities.

Expectation is schdule first the Semi finished products and then finished product.

Is there way to restrict this kind of sequencing. Suppose if my Semi Finished is getting delayed it should postpone Finsihed Product as well using PPDS Optimizer.In optimizer profile I have not activiated the Ignore upstream orders and  Do not consider subsequent orders.

We dont want to use fix pegging.Is there way to by using dynamic pegging reletionship.

Please let us know your views.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you for your valubale input. The issue is still valid. Bottom up heuristics are not an option since they are not fully finite. I'm trying different settings with worse or better results.

However I'd like to find your opinion on note 532979. There is a statement:

"The Optimizer does not work with stock.In particular, this means that it cannot use the stock curve to recognize shortages.It can only recognize violations of pegging relationships and display them as delays.It is therefore important to ensure that pegging is as complete as possible before optimization."

How should I underatand this? Does PPDS optimizer consider stocks and therefore tries to minimize delays taking the stock into account or not at all?

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

The note is correct indeed PPDS optimizer does not consider stock curves but pegging. This means you may want to minimize delays vs requirements, you may as well activate backward scheduling (JIT) to avoid overstock.

Hope this helps

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Roshan,

Have you found an answer to your questions? I am facing same problems and it seems to be a bit of a challenge ti figure out the solution.

Thanks

M.

sb_fernandes
Participant
0 Kudos

The root cause of the issue supply imbalance.Mainly component supply.

Try running bottom up heuristics this issue will not be there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

if still open I would recommend to optimize FG first, then SFG and for SFG to set the flag 'ignore upstream orders'

BR,

Chris