Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Controls

former_member224107
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in BPC 10.1 custom controls are available (flag as customized) for which you can implement a badi on the enhancement spot UJCTRL_RUN_CONTROL.

If you implement a BADI, you see one exporting parameter, ET_RESULT (type hashed table) . At runtime this table contains

dimensions for  your controls and the following fields :

SUB_CONTROL_ID ( c(20) )

CTRL_STATUS ( c(1) )

RELATED_LINK ( cstring )

DESCRIPTION ( cstring )

I don't find the correct values to populate the exporting internal table with, in order to show the custom control in the results of the executed control set.

I have tried populating valid dimension id's and control status ( F - failed ) but nothing shows in the control results.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DimitriZ
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Wouter

Did you ever get this to work correctly. I am about to embark on a similar implementation and would like to avoid your pain 🙂

former_member224107
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes it works,

you should populate the exporting parameter table ET_RESULT as follows :

1. all dimensions corresponding to the import parameter IT_DIM_MEMBER

2. SUB_CONTROL_ID : you can leave empty unless you have more then one custom rule based on one data area

3. CTRL_STATUS : P (passed) or F (failed)

4. RELATED_LINK : you could enter here a link to a report

5. DESCRIPTION : you can specify more details why the control failed.

jun_li_yy
0 Kudos

Hi :

Could you have any sample abap code about UJCTRL_RUN_CONTROL badi ..

thanks

Jun

0 Kudos

Wouter, first of all, you have very cool name! Sorry that I cannot offer you any insight into your question, but I have a question for you. Have you found any decent documentation/use cases on using custom controls? My client is using controls heavily. I haven't yet seen a business requirement for customizing, but your post caught my attention as the art of the possible.

Thanks.

-Jon