cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SECSTORE 089(“Key … for entry … is missing in the secure storage in the file system”)-Issue after DB Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have Done our NW7.4 Gateway ABAP system DB Migration from Oracle 11.3 to MaxDB 7.9 on Solaris 5.10 OS, while performing post activities

we are getting the issue during Checking the ABAP Secure store phase.

While checking the secstore we  are getting the issue as :Key … for entry … is missing in the secure storage in the file system”

So for the above Issue in the Inst Guide Solution as below:

SAP Help link:Importing Missing Encryption Keys - System Security - SAP Library

As  per the above links we have tried , it is asking the Source system id Key value but unfortunately we don't have stored any key values of the source system.

In this case how we can proceed , is there any way to get the Source system key value, or else can we delete the source system key and generate the new key on  target system as per generate option in Key management -> generate option  in Secstore. if we do like this is there any other side effects will occur and any other things do we need to do.

Experts please suggest

Regards,

Samba.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ankit_gupta32
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Samba,

While installing the original system on Oracle, did you get any prompt for secure store key?  You can check in SSFS dat file if there is any entry for the same in source server (oracle)

E.g.

# rsecssfx list

SECSTORE_DB/KEY/xxxxxxx_100320_xxxx_INSTALLER

At the moment, I am not sure how we can retrieve the keypass from dat file.

Regards,

Ankit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ankit,

Actually Installation of Source system not done by me and during the installation it has prompted for secstorekey(Mandatory for NW74) and unfortunately there is no backup of that key and no information of the source system, That's why I already written in earlier and my concern is , there is option to create new Secstore key on Target system.

In this case how we can proceed , is there any way to get the Source system key value, or else can we delete the source system key and generate the new key on  target system as per generate option in Key management -> generate option  in Secstore. if we do like this is there any other side effects will occur and any other things do we need to do.

Regards,

Samba