cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuring buyoffs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

to make buyoffs visible in message board in ME 15.0 System.

I created a buyoff with message type BUYOFF_REQUEST, assigned to user Group ADMINSTRATORS, attached to an Operation (see attached file)

Upon completing SFCs at that Operation I receive the expected message in POD that SFCs are in complete pending Status.

However when I go to Message Board with an user of group ADMINISTRATORS there are no BUYOFF_REQUEST available.

What else needs to be configured to see the buyoff messages in message board?

Thanks

Ulrike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ulrike

I have the same configuration in 15.0.1.17 and it works OK. What exact version are you running? Have you changed the BUYOFF_REQUEST message type in any way? Did you filter the Message board by this message type? If there are a lot of active messages (max rows exceeded) then it's not just the newest ones that get displayed.

Stuart

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Make sure your BUYOFF_REQUEST message type is also assigned to the ADMINISTRATORS group or it won't show for your user in the message board. I am not sure what the default configuration is for this.

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart

in Default configuration BUYOFF_REQUEST is not configured for ADMINISTRATORS.

After I changed that config the Messages appear in message board.

Thanks for your help!

2 more questions:

1. when accepting that buyoff I receive an internal error - contact technical Support. Any ideas what issue this might be?

2. we are working with process lots. So rather than having a BUYOFF_REQUEST per SFC we need a buyoff per process lot. I didn't find anything in configuration for that. Any ideas? (if not possible via config, what kind of custom coding would be helpful?)

Ulrike

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrike

1) the internal error may have been corrected in a later patch, as there have been a few fixes to buyoffs - for example see SAP note 2221584. Check your patch level - 18 is available now.

2) Buyoffs apply individually to SFCs, and a process lot is just convenient way of grouping individual SFCs together, so you can process units together for example to start or complete them. When you complete your process lot in the POD, ME will just apply an individual buyoff to each SFC. If you need to process the buyoff as one, then you would need custom code developed to meet your needs since neither the core POD Log buyoff GUI nor the message board support entering a process lot directly.

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart

we are still on patch 16, seems like we have to at least to patch 17. Thanks for the info.

Regarding the custom development: would you recommend to do some enhancement to buyoff message, so that only one message per process lot is created. Or would an enhancement in message board to select all Messages for process lot and process them together?

Ulrike

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrike

As always, it depends on a few factors. Your developers need to consider what Public APIs are available to them, and extending the functionality of the existing message board may not be possible. I'd prefer to log the buyoffs as core does now and somehow accept the buyoffs by entering the process lot in a custom GUI (maybe not the message board).

Do you have to use the message board anyway for this? You can Log (accept/reject) a buyoff directly in the POD without the use of messages. This does not have to tbe in the same POD where the SFCs were completed either. Of course if you need workflows, then message processing is needed.

Answers (0)