cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FI Integration with Bank FTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

Currently we are implementing SAP (ERP software) across the company and we have a requirement to send the EFT’s (payments) file by building an integrated interface with some bank. Initially, SAP FI generates the file and is placed in a predefined directory in client ERP on outbound side and PI needs to encrypt the file using PGP by AES 128/256 algorithm & need to post the xls files to SFTP/FTP folder on inbound side from where a server at Bank’s end will pick the file on a scheduled basis.... I have some initial queries mentioned below to build this interface:

1. Since they need only xls files to be posted to FTP/SFTP folders, is it possible by standard option in PI other than custom module/mappings to convert xml to xls ? or Can I ask them that PI converts only to csv & post them to the inbound folders from where bank people can convert .csv to .xls by any batch script themselves?

2. What all information should I gather from Bank people[inbound] side for above scenario to be implemented ?

Also please suggest me better design options other than customization for xls conversion in this scenario.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin

1. Unfortunately, there is no standard functionality in PI to convert to XLS format. As to whether the bank can convert from CSV to XLS, that you will have to negotiate with them directly - it really depends on whether they are willing to do it.

2. For SFTP/FTP connectivity you will need to request for the server details and login credentials. For PGP, you will need to get their public key - refer following blog

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng,

Thank you for your inputs!

I have a few additional queries as below:

1. Client confirmed they will need PI to post the files to SFTP server & it seems they use only AES128 algorithm not PGP. My question is can we go ahead with PGP encryption with AES128 algorithm to encrypt from PI side and whereas Bank[inbound] side could be able to decrypt it by AES128 without issues right ?

2. Can you pls suggest which would be better option for XML to XLS conversion Java/XSLT mapping or custom modules?

Thanks!

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin

1. I am unable to answer this. You need to clarify this with the bank.

2. You can consider the following custom module for XML to XLS conversion

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (0)