cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non ABAP RFC Client not supported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got the following error within my tRFC Server Integration.

"RfcServerError occured in RFC server: xxxx RFC Caller System ID: yyyy function Name: ARFC_DEST_SHIPError type: RfcUnsupportedPartnerExceptionError message: Non ABAP RFC Client not supported."

According to the Forum the Change from "NON-Unicode" to "Unicode" or vice versa in SAP in Settings of relevant Program-ID takes no affect.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello TS,

can you please answer the questions I asked? Codepage used in the backend? It's not possible to understand what's happening if you don't answer such questions. It's not possible to help then.

Best regards,

Markus

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi TS,

you already started a discussion about this, why a second time? I've asked there already some questions: which codepage are you using in the ABAP system and which ABAP system release?

Best regards

Markus

jason_craun
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

I have the same issue as TS OK. I tried setting the RFC to Unicode and non-Unicode per the other thread and it didn't solve it either.

The code page is:  4103

Abap System Release: 740 sp 11

Kernel: 742

We are trying to connect to .Net connector version:

SAP .NET Connector 3.0 with file version 3.0.16.0 running on 64-bit .NET Framework 4.0.30319.42000

SAP release: 721, Kernel release: 721, Kernel patch level: 527

We are trying to send standard IDOC, message type: WMTOCO\WMTORD

We have implemented the server connection in CS per the guide\code samples, but we get the below error:

Default trace level: RemoteFunctionCall

2016-01-07 10:40:10.778 RfcConnection.Dispatch threw RfcUnsupportedPartnerException: Non-ABAP RFC client not supported --- see log for details
2016-01-07 10:40:10.798 RfcTransaction.Playback threw RfcUnsupportedPartnerException: Non-ABAP RFC client not supported --- see log for details
2016-01-07 10:40:11.418 RfcConnection.Dispatch threw RfcServerApplicationException: Uncaught exception SAP.Middleware.Connector.RfcUnsupportedPartnerException thrown

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Kindest regards,

JC

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

thanks for that detailed information. If your codepage is 4103 it doesn't seem to be a known issue. Please open a support ticket and provide traces at level 4 for that situation. The destination in ABAP should be set to Unicode. NCo can act as a Unicode server and if the client system is Unicode as well, the communication should not be done in Non-Unicode mode.

Best regards,

Markus

jason_craun
Discoverer

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the help! We were able to get past the issue. The unicode RFC flag recommended fix was correct. We just had to create new IDOCS once we set this and they went through fine.

Thanks again very much for your help!

Jason

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Good to know that it is working now. Could you please mark the answer as helpful or correct so that others can easily recognize when searching?

Best regards,

Markus