cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP console RF logon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to relieve the WH operators from typing the login and password on the RF scanner.

The thing is that now we use two seperate 3 of 9 barcodes to scan, one for login and one for password:

*LOGIN*

*PASSWORD*

We have customized the RF scanners to do the automatic ENTER after the scan which in our case will result in scanning the login barcode and ENTER action which will be detected as a wrong login becase password info is missing. The login info is now filled and we scan the password barcode and now we successfully login to SAP menu.

We would like to create one barcode containing both information in this format:

*Login*TAB*PASSWORD*

We are using the connection via Wavelink telnet client, with UTF-8 Unicode encoding on the server and Central European (ANSI) – CP1250  display language to SAP console.

Any ideas? If it is possible in different type of barcode it is suitable. We are using mostly Motorola MC9090 and MC3190.

Thx in advance.

Michal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member245890
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

Below information will be helpful for you.

Using the Code 39 symbology, you can enter Tabs by using $I, a Return using $M. When extended Code 39 is enabled, functions may be directly encoded by using the format $? to specify the function where ? equals the character that represents the appropriate function in the Extended Code39 ASCII Character Set.

For example, Code$I3of9$M will encode Code[TAB]3of9[RETURN]

http://www.idautomation.com/barcode-faq/code-39/

Regards

Alper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alper,

thank you for your reply. I also found this article online. Currently I disabled the autoenter function on the scanner to found out if the barcode information fills propely.

I will post the result as soon as I know the answer.

Thank you again.

Michal.

Answers (0)