Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display more than or equal to 255 characters in sap alv grid display reduces to 1 character display

bala_krishna007
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Is it possible to display 255 characters column in ALV grid display, if yes how can we achieve that.

I had added long text to an existing report, I had added a new field of type char 255 and in the final output table when I checked in debugging its having values of 255 characters. But when its displaying its reduced to 1 character and displays as 1. Not sure why this behaviour.

Thanks,

Balu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BK,

I remember that there is a limit for cell length to 128 characters. you can find SAP notes also, so just check and comeback if any inputs required.

Regards,

Surendra Gupta.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BK,

I remember that there is a limit for cell length to 128 characters. you can find SAP notes also, so just check and comeback if any inputs required.

Regards,

Surendra Gupta.

0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

My issue is the 255 character field is displaying as size 1 character with value 1 . when my REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY fm is called it has 255 charcters in the table with correct values . In the output , but when its displayed its displaying as size 1 field and  displaying 1 in the output.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Balu

0 Kudos

Can u please Tell me What is size 1 . Can u show me the output of the field size 1 .

Size 1 means is it showing only 1 character

0 Kudos

Hi,

My issue is solved, there is a other field with the similar name and hence its getting the 1 size character.

Thanks,

Balu