cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posting to accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible to control the wagetype posting as if positive then posting is done but if amount is negative posting should not be done....

Any inputs...

Thanks

Seema

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If amount is negative then should not be posted and if it's positive then should be posted. I don't think so it's a correct . Since after all in the FI balance sheet debit side should be matched with credit side. If you are updating RT table based upon the clause of negative amount then you have to reconsider the other calculation Part. Like Gross amount, Tax calculation etc.

So before proceed to RT or at the time of WT amount generation you have to consider this clause if this wage type amount is generating negative then it should be zero immediately to further process to next line of the Payroll schema.

Not tell me one thing when this wage type is generating, in which part of the schema is generating... These are those thing valuable to go and design the correct process for payroll run as well as posting.

Regards,

Sankarsan

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have to understand one basic thing when we pas a value to RT and it is available in the RT then only posting happens i.e according to our requirement we can decide whether it should be passed to RT or not.

Before all this we have to consider another part Cedit's and Debit's in Posting Prospective i.e All the times Credits and Debits balnce should be "Zero" Once this is fine everything goes fine so decide on that part as well Gross and Net salary.

Regards

Venkatesh

antoine_foucault
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Seema:

Posting decision according to amount is not possible; but you have few options:

Let say your WT is WT0001 -300

1. Delete entry from RT table if WT 0001 is less than 0.

2. add a new WT 0002 to RT table to be posted to the same account as WT 0001 but with a reverse amount ( multiplied by -1 so that amount is 300 ) so that impact to accounting is "niled" between both WT 0001 and 0002 since -300 + 300 = 0.

Cheers,

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Antoine's approach sounds good, or alternatively:

1) You could write a PCR to check if the wage type is positive. If yes, store the amount in another wage type. If the original wage type amount<= 0, the second wage type will not be generated.

2)The posting characteristics should be maintained only for the second wage type & not the original wage type.

antoine_foucault
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

that option works to