cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmed and released schedule lines being modified in the firm zone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using a Firm Zone (FZ) in the Schedule Agreement of 30 days, and a Planning Time Fence of 5 days, with an MRP type P1.

Schedule Lines are firmed (marked with * in MD04) when they get into the FZ. But it often happens that the system modifies them afterwards

Is this behaviour normal?

How can I avoid that?

Thanks in advance.

Taher.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tomasz_domanski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check "Binding on MRP" parameter in Scheduling Agreement. If you have wrong parameter here, MRP will move lines in Firm zone:

Schedule lines after trade-off zone can be changed by MRP
1Schedule lines within trade-off zone can be changed by MRP
2Schedule lines can always be changed by MRP
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is set to 1.

So I guess it is not the root cause.

tomasz_domanski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm,

OK - you wrote "Trade of zone" is not maintained. Maybe this is the problem. Can you try puting it equal to Firm zone and see if it happens still?

BR,

Tomek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There seems to be no difference. In fact the trade-off zone comes right after the firm zone, and not in parallel.

I also tried to change leave the "binding on MRP" field to blank. No difference here neither.

The system seems to understand that these lines are firmed, but there is probably an exception that makes MRP sometimes modify a firmed line, and not in every occasion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The firm zone is effected until only 30 days for remaining days as per trade off zone day maintained it will be remove the star from MD04.It depends from the date on which you run the MRP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

But the trade-off zone is not maintained. And the modifications are occuring during these 29 days of the firm zone.

Are there other suggestions for this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly do check the below KBA it might help you..

KBA: 2088322 - Schedule lines are displayed with an asterisk ( * ) in t-code MD04/MS04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for this link.

I understood a couple of things here! It doesn't explain my problem, but it confirmed again that modifying a firm schedule line is not meant to happen in SAP. There is probably a bug or something here.

I won't mark this thread as answered for a while, as I still hope that someone proposes an explanation to this behavior.

Regards;