cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEM Robot on Desktop Win7 or 8 only?

0 Kudos

Hello community,

did i got it really right: EEM Robot runs only on Win7 or 8, while SDM Agent and SAP GUI >=7,3 are available on Windows 2012?

As i have to use a Rack-Server in our DC to host the EEM Robots, i would need to run the EEM Robot + SAP Gui in a Remote Desktop on that Windows 2012 Server?

Can anyone double check?

Would there be any other option to run it on Windows 2012 server. I have to place also multiple EEM Robots on one OS which should preferably run on that Windows 2012 Server.

Many Thanks

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

EEM Robots/SMD Agents can be installed on Windows 2012 server.

Usually EEM stands for End user Experience monitoring. Any end user will not work on server directly and use his/her own personal computer with GUI to Login. The purpose of EEM is to get information on response times and availability of http links or GUI transaction from end user Point of view, which is why only the End user related things have been talked about in below link.

Diagnostics Agent Platform Support for EEM Robots - End-User Experience Monitoring - SCN Wiki

For more information on Diagnostic agents. Please go through below link

Diagnostics Agents - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki

Regards

Aditya Khorana

0 Kudos

Hey Aditya,

thanks for that immediate response. I gotten the idea behind EEM but exactly that link confused me   Diagnostics Agent Platform Support for EEM Robots - End-User Experience Monitoring - SCN Wiki

I let me belief that the Java Application part which extends a standard SDM Agent to an EEMRobot limits the OS platform choice.

So you are really sure about the fact that i can run it on Win 2012 for SAPGUI >=7.3 ?

By the way did you do such an install?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin,

Yes I have installed on 2012r2

Any new installation you carry out will automatically install a diagnostic agent. For ex, if i am to install ERP6 EhP7, we have PAM which says that its supported.

With each new installation, we have SMD agent as well which gets installed. So practically it should be possible.

Regards

Aditya Khorana

0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

yes, but i need to have the EEMRobot running on "standalone" SMD Agent which should run on separate Windows Server 2012r2 server and not on the same Server then the SAP Application Server.

I need to know if that works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Martin, it will

the only thing you as part of EEM setup will deploy the SAPGUI or HTTP scripts. If you have a valid SAPGUI running, then you will not face any issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Aditya

0 Kudos

MANY THANKS!

Answers (0)