cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Environmentshell copy on BPC 10.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been recently working on the installation of the SAP Planning and Consolidation version 10.1 for SAP Netweaver.

It is the classic version with the following components :

• SAP BW : 7.40 SP09
  • CPMBPC : 7.40 SP04
  • POASBC : 100_731 SP06
  • SAP UI : 7.40 SP10

The installation went well on the dev system and also the configuration with the procedure described in the installation guide on the Marketplace.

Next step was to execute the same procedure on the quality system before going on production.

On the quality system, there were no particular issue during the installation and the configuration when executing UJS_ACTIVATE_CONTENT.

The issue occurs when connecting to the Web UI5 interface of BPC. It is not possible to copy EnvironmentShell.

I have tried with several users even with super privileges and it does not work either.

I have implemented SAP note to clean and reactivate EnvironmentShell.

I already checked the status with UJA_DATA_CHECKER and it returns no error.

Has anyone encountered this error ? What could have I missed ? Is there a way to know what could be the cause of the error ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I checked the user BPC_SERVICE and even with the SAP_ALL privilege nothing changed in my case. I hoped it could be the answer. Take a look at SAP Note 2124890 where it informs that this privilege is also not necessary to make the copy work.

UJA_DATA_CHECKER returns that file structure is correct.

I have no other clues or thoughts on this issue. I hope SAP support could help me understand what is wrong with my installation of BPC 10.1.

Thanks.

Regards,

Johnny

damovand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Johnny,

I think you did the right thing to report this to SAP support. My hunch is that something in the post installation/upgrade may not have completed successfully.  Whatever the root cause it has to been investigated and confirmed. 

Regards,

Leila 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Leila,

I found out what was the root cause of the issue. A setting with RFC was false for BPC to execute job remotely from web UI5 interface. The error was not pretty clear then. Meanwhile, the customer decided to install the add-on on production. The installation went smoothly.

However, some objects were modified in the business content model that messed up the reports. During the upgrade tests, we missed it out to check business integrity. A bad point.

Our customer used CUA for user administration. I read that BPC does not integrate well with CUA user management model. We may hear from the customer again unless SAP did supply improvements in BPC 10.1.

Thanks for your insights.

Regards,

Johnny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What do you mean by seeing options enabled or disabled.

The environment ENVIRONMENTSHELL is offline when executing the copy.

I have made a screenshot that may help to understand what problem I am coping with.

What exactly occurs is that the job fails to start on the ABAP server :

When I execute transaction SLG1 to get what exactly occurs when the copy is initiated, I have the following error :

That proves that something is wrong but I do not know what this could be. Note 1702013 gives me a hint to check BPC_SERVICE user but nothing changed and RFC connection test is successful.

As the installation performed smoothly on the dev system I was hoping it would be the same on the quality system. Is somehow something wrong with the BW itself ?

Regards,

Johnny

damovand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the roles and profiles for BPC_SERVICE.  In my test system I have SAP_ALL for profile and SAP_BPC_SERVICE for role.

I also recommend confirming if ENVIRONMENTSHELL is correct by running UJA_DATA_CHECKER

If you can't get any further results I recommend contacting SAP support.

Best Regards,

Leila

damovand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please provide some further details. Do you see all the links enabled?  When you highlight ENVIRONMENTSHELL  from "Manage All Environments", do you see the the options enabled or disabled?  If the options are enabled then I assume that you are getting an error in the copy process if they are not enabled then you probably have not configured the BPC security profiles.  Please note that before you can do anything you must assign a user to a team that has the correct task profile. Please confirm if you have done that and include some screen prints or if you get an error.

Best Regards,

Leila