Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

RFQ Release strategy issues with characteristic- Doc type and net value

Hello Experts,

Current release strategy is for PO, PR and Scheduling agreements with following Characteristics:

1. Plant

2. Purchasing Group

3. Document type (Purchasing) - CEKKO-BSART

4. Value - CEKKO-GNETW

I wanted to extend it to RFQ Document,

but,

Problem-1(Doc. type): the Purchasing document type is not valid for RFQ as it contains only Doc types for PO and PR (no AN. doc type in their) !

What i did:  maintained a new blank Doc type in this characteristic and selected this blank value in new release strategy for the RFQ, (still no success)

Problem-2:(Net value): Net value field not available in RFQ to trigger the strategy !

What i did: tried with different combinations like- keeping it blank, <=0 , >=0 , =0 but still not getting triggered !

Additionally i maintained a new Characteristic for the same class as the Purchasing Document category (CEKKO-BSTYP) and maintained it correctly for all the current release strategies. i.e. for the release strategy for RFQ it is maintained as A (RFQ) which is correct.

I checked the consistency in OMGSCK and all green traffic lights (everything seems OK)  !

Can anybody please suggest what could have been missing in the current config ? i cannot see anything wrong in the current scenario.

I read most of the questions on SCN as well but could not get the exact situation !

Is there any enhancement needed for this situation ?

Regards,

Sagar

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

How release strategy will work for RFQ- The RFQ document type AN  is missing in Classification segment.

1st add AN document type value in release characteristics(order type purchasing)  and update the release class for change happened to release characteristics of document type.

Now add RFQ document type AN  in RFQ release strategy.

Regards,

Biju K

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question