cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFQ Release strategy issues with characteristic- Doc type and net value

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Current release strategy is for PO, PR and Scheduling agreements with following Characteristics:

1. Plant

2. Purchasing Group

3. Document type (Purchasing) - CEKKO-BSART

4. Value - CEKKO-GNETW

I wanted to extend it to RFQ Document,

but,

Problem-1(Doc. type): the Purchasing document type is not valid for RFQ as it contains only Doc types for PO and PR (no AN. doc type in their) !

What i did:  maintained a new blank Doc type in this characteristic and selected this blank value in new release strategy for the RFQ, (still no success)

Problem-2:(Net value): Net value field not available in RFQ to trigger the strategy !

What i did: tried with different combinations like- keeping it blank, <=0 , >=0 , =0 but still not getting triggered !

Additionally i maintained a new Characteristic for the same class as the Purchasing Document category (CEKKO-BSTYP) and maintained it correctly for all the current release strategies. i.e. for the release strategy for RFQ it is maintained as A (RFQ) which is correct.

I checked the consistency in OMGSCK and all green traffic lights (everything seems OK)  !

Can anybody please suggest what could have been missing in the current config ? i cannot see anything wrong in the current scenario.

I read most of the questions on SCN as well but could not get the exact situation !

Is there any enhancement needed for this situation ?

Regards,

Sagar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the values in this tab have to match with your RFQ, this strategy would only be triggered if you have a document category RFQ and no purchasing group, no purchasing organisation, no order type and no value

Pretty nonsense isn't it?

0 Kudos

Hello

They were maintained earlier, i removed them just after suggestion from Bijay.

Nevertheless, I'll maintain them again.

Can you suggest what should be in order type and Total net value ?

Regards,

Sagar

0 Kudos

Below are the previously maintained settings for release strategy for RFQ

I have also selected all the Purchasing Organisations (for compliance reasons i have not displayed them)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does your RFQ really have "no document type" ?

There is no unequal comparison with classification. Everything that does not match the exact entry will make the entire strategy fail.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How release strategy will work for RFQ- The RFQ document type AN  is missing in Classification segment.

1st add AN document type value in release characteristics(order type purchasing)  and update the release class for change happened to release characteristics of document type.

Now add RFQ document type AN  in RFQ release strategy.

Regards,

Biju K

0 Kudos

Thanks= for the insight

and thanks for the exact steps.

Strategy is triggered now, Document type was the only thing missing in the settings ! I then maintained AN in the characteristics of Order type (purchasing)

Thanks for the help.

: I know its a tough job moderating repeated questions again and again.

The reason for posting new question was: = I found some inconsistency or incorrect answers given by many guys in previous questions related to Release strategies in purchasing.

It seems each one has their individual opinion/perception on the solution which worked for them. Not necessary it will work for others.

For the ease of searching related queries or solution, i believe the questions/queries should be grouped under a structure tree like the SAP menu :

Yeah that sounds really hard to segregate the matter at this point, but SCN could get more helpful for searching exact matter in the exact context

Regards,

Sagar Tajanpure

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The internet is not structured, and the future SCN will even be less structured than today as you can read in

I know that there is lot garbage in answers of some discussions and we hope that this will change with the new SCN as well, which will of course only work with the contribution of the people

And because it is so difficult with release strategy I had written a larger blog that highlights the better sources

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note release strategy is applicable at RFQ only and not quotation.

Remove the price char from your class and then check it will work.

0 Kudos

thanks for the input, but i need to extend the release strategy for RFQ without disturbing the Existing PR, PO characteristics ! And yes, that's the main challenge

i.e i need to use the same class for this job ! and the this class has some characteristics which are not applicable for RFQ documents.

Hope its clear now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you creating new class and char for RFQ release strategy.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Class is same for Purchasing documents, i have added new characteristic as Document category in the existing class.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you maintained the char in CL24N.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Considering you created an extra release characteristic as Purchasing Document category (CEKKO-BSTYP) and you use A for RFQ.

Did you create separate release group for RFQ?

If yes, create new release strategy for RFQ and keep all release vital values related to RFQ along with purchasing document category A in it.

Now try creating new RFQ and see how release strategy triggering!

Regards,

Biju K

0 Kudos

Hello Bijay,

Yes, I have already created separate release group and release strategy for RFQ documents but not getting triggered

Can you throw some light on what should be maintained in the Document type(for PO,PR) field and Value field.

i.e. Should i keep it blank ? or should a blank entry be maintained in the characteristic ?

suggest same for the Value field ?

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have separate release group and release strategy. So keep only RFQ document type for which you are creating RFQ in Classification segment for your RFQ  release strategy.

Do not link PR release process with release process with PO, RFQ and Scheduling agreements.

Can you share screens of following:

1.All release characteristics with CEKKO structure

2.Release Class used for RFQ

3.RFQ release group

4.RFQ release strategy with all four segments

An RFQ created with RFQ document type.

Regards,

Biju K

0 Kudos

Hello

As per your suggestion for RFQ Rel strat  i have kept other characteristics as blank as shown below

please check the below screensnaps for the better clarity on the issue:

Release strategy settings:

Release Groups:

Release indicators:

RFQ Sample:

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly check the field 'KTWRT' in the communication structure 'CEKKO'. Try to include this field in the characteristics and test the release strategy.

0 Kudos

Hii Rosh,

I checked the same, but still no success.