cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Processes & Forms - Add another Infotype Field in SAP_PA Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have copied FPM form SHI1_WD to a custom form and trying to enhance it with more fields from other standard infotypes i.e. 0185.

Though I have added the fields in SAP_PA backend service through HRASR_DT (SAPGUI), but the same fields are not displayed in Repository of FLUID.

Attached sceenshots. Let me know if I need to make any more changes.

Regards,

Asrar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor

"I have added the fields in SAP_PA backend service through HRASR_DT (SAPGUI), but the same fields are not displayed in Repository of FLUID"

This typically happens because the form fields you defined still do not have a "type" (data type/element) assigned.....or.....you have the feeder class parameters set wrong....make  sure that since you copied yours that the "new" form layouts you are using are set to use your "new" form scenario as the feeder class parameter (I have a hunch this is your problem).

Think of it like this....FLUID pulls in your "configuration" (layout)....that layout has a "feeder" class assigned....that feeder class has parameters....for HCM P&F, these parameters are form scenario (FSCN) and FSCN version. From that, FLUID can actually "call" (through your feeder class) back to your form scenario to pick up all the form fields assigned to that FSCN (think of it like the FSCN "context"). THAT is how "it knows" what form fields are available. Lastly, just like defining "rules" in configuration, only fields that are correctly typed (ie. data type assigned) will be displayed and possible for selection.

Hope this helps! Report back and let us know what you find!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Spot on... ..

Issue was Feeder Class Parameter... It was still having the original FSCN. Changed it new(copied one) and that fixed the issue.

Thanks for your input...

Regards....

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No worries....I may or may not have faced the same issue a couple of times myself. *grin*

Answers (0)