cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Reconciliation and Customer Invoice Clearing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement in Electronic Bank Reconciliation, when statement has customer incoming payment then system should post payment entry as well as an entry to Main Bank Account.

In Assign External Transaction OT83 how can we built a logic where if Customer Account is appearing in Line86 of Bank Statment, payment entry should be posted to the respective customer since Customer Account appears as blank while posting/clearing while if I get document number in Line 86 the same gets cleared automatically in FF_5 if we enter BELNR in Algorithms section.

Thanks,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

In my notes field I only have Customer Account number and no Accounting document number, so is there any solution or is it possible to derive by maintaining some logic in algorithm .

Thanks,

Rahul

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use search string functionality (target field: BDC) and get the customer number.

You may please search the search string WIKIs for more information on how to use the BDC target fields.

Regards

Shanid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean below:

Invoice posted

Debit Customer (1)

Credit Revenue

Bank statement comes in

Credit customer (clear against (1) automatically )

Debit Main bank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yahui Liu,

Accounting Entry should be as below for Customer Payments is:

1) Main Account -- DR

To Incoming A/c

2) Incoming A/c --- DR

To Customer A/c

First entry is getting posted successfully and for Second entry Customer field appears blank, while the same is coming in line 86 of bank statement.

Thanks,

Rahul

former_member200703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as my Knowledge you intend to use the concept of payment order..

i tested your scenairo i vendor side and its working properly ..

the entry is

Dr. Vendor

Cr. Main Bank Acc.

please refer to the below doc. it might provide helpful information..

Regards

Mahmoud EL Nady

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahmoud Elnady

Thanks for your reply. But my case is relevant to Customer entries and I am looking for a way to clear or post entry to Customer Account with Customer Code appearing in notes to payee in MT940.

Thanks,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using the customer code to search is not supported by the standard interpretation algorithm.

For us, we use the invoice number to search the customer invoice for the second entry.

In the OT83 posting rule, please indicate the algorithm as '20', in the posting rule area 2 config,

please enter

Debit, the bank clearing and leave the credit side as blank.

Indicate posting type as 8. (clear the credit side sub-ledger).

Please note when you run the FF_5, please indicate the range of document number